Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Delivery / FedEx / Signature

Now that the delivery date is arriving.........

Verizon says you must sign for the FEDEX package to accept delivery of the phone. Most of us have to work during the day. I hate having to drive to the FEDEX distribution center.

What does everyone else do? I would hate to miss the phone delivery because no one is at home, but at the same time missing work for a phone is not acceptable.
    Roy Aguilera

I had it shipped to my office.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

signed note attached to my dog's leash, he won't bite
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Too many offices...Too much work

When it rains, it pours!

I can't say what office I will be in from one day to another. I can normally say what bed I will be in. Six months from now, the story could be different.

I just read that people leave a note on the door authorizing FEDEX to leave the package. Does this work?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rortt View Post
    When it rains, it pours!

I can't say what office I will be in from one day to another. I can normally say what bed I will be in. Six months from now, the story could be different.

I just read that people leave a note on the door authorizing FEDEX to leave the package. Does this work?
    I doubt it... otherwise couldn't a thief just leave notes everywhere?

When it rains, it pours!

I did some searching on other forums and found mixed results. One person claims to have left a note on the door and it didn't work. While another stated a printout of information related to the shipment (tracking/order info) plus a signature was left on the door and the item was left.

When it rains, it pours!

Yes, I had to do this the other day. You just leave a note saying that you authorize the release of the package. You also have to sign and date it. Then leave the note clearly for the fedex delivery person. In fact, an automated fedex call told me this was an option the day before a deivery that needed a signature.

Obviously, if you have any security issues at your house then you will want to have a different solution.

Alex

My company ships a lot of overnight packages via FedEx, and officially, they have stopped accepting paper signatures. It's really up to driver if he/she is comfortable leaving the package, because if they leave without a sig, and the recipient doesnt get it, they will get into a lot of trouble. However, you can set up a blanket signature waiver with FedEx, so they have it on file.

Good Luck

FedEx offers three Delivery Signature Options for shippers:

Indirect Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:
    From any person at the delivery address; or
    From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address; or
    The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.
    Direct Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature from any person at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.
    Adult Signature Required. edEx will obtain a signature from any person at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. If there is no eligible recipient at the delivery address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.
    Special handling fees will apply. See Rates in the FedEx Service Guide for details.
    Shipments to residential addresses may be released without obtaining a signature. If you require a signature for a residential shipment, select one of the Delivery Signature Options.
    Indirect Signature Required is not available for shipments to nonresidential addresses.
    Shippers can choose the Deliver Without Signature option for shipments to nonresidential addresses.
    Choosing a delivery signature option overrides a signature release. (See the Signature Release section.)
    Also see the Liabilities Not Assumed, Pickup and Delivery, and Routing and Rerouting sections.

FedEx is open latest around here, and on Saturdays, so I far prefer them over any other shipping service.

UPS has such tight hours that I often can't get there in time, and they don't even let you pick up Saturdays around here, which is a dealbreaker for me.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I'm taking 2 days of vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Aguilera View Post
    I had it shipped to my office.
    Yep, I work at a 24-hour manned NOC colocation center, and I had mine shipped there to be absolutely sure it wouldn't be turned away.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP-JB/CM10

I am working from home on Wednesday until the phone arrives. My boss has required me to come in once the phone arrives and demo it to the rest of my colleagues.

Nice that I work with such understanding nerds, isn't it?

i have had success with the note on the door approach. Simple a piece of paper I dated, addressed to fedex, with that kind of package, and a signature. I hope if you try it works out for you guys and get your phones!

I'm definitely working from home on delivery day... VPN and conference calls makes shipping issues a thing of the past.

Global Posts
    826 Global Posts

Simple: Write out a note saying something to the tune of

"I am hereby giving FedEx permission to leave package for Tracking # xxxxxxxxxx in my absense if I am not able to be present at the time of delivery. "

Signed,

<signature>

Your Name

Thats all that is required. Tape it to front door, or somewhere they will see it, and just get home asap

i thought about this same thing and i had mine shipped to the office but im there 9-5 and fed ex says it will be there wednesday before 7pm. why couldnt it be before 5pm so i dont have to wait around.

My apartment community is gated, but the Fed EX drivers get the opener to the gate to get in. Since they aren't smart enough to stop and get the key to our actual buildings, they usually can't figure out the calling system to get to us either...

Long story short...Notes definitely work, but I usually have mine delivered to my apartment office, but my dad has also done it where they leave it on our doorstep...Hopefully you have nice neighbors

I've had success with the notes. I print out the tracking sheet, write a sentance authorizing the package to be left, sign it and then tape it to the door. This has worked for me in past.
    Good luck everyone! I've got FEDEX set up to send me an email when it gets there so I can run home and celebrate Christmas in April.

I know for sure that my coworkers will be all over me if I show them this phone! It's going to be hidden away, so I can have some alone time with it before they try to pounce.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1.3

I'd have it shipped to my office but our FedEx guy is not reliable. He often walks out of our building with our packages if he can't find where to go. We've had stuff go all over campus, including once to the hospital about 10 minutes away.

I'd like to leave a note at my house, giving signed permission to leave it. My house is the middle of farmland and don't really have any neighbors, so I think it would be safe to leave.

What about having Verizon ship it to a local Verizon store near me? Someone at work told me they did that with their Motorola Droid. I'd like to see if anyone else tried that too.

FedEx here thinks fast! They realized that being sent to a business address would mean they needed to get it there before 5, even if they had till 7pm to do it, and dropped it off around 1!

I have had to leave a note the last 3 times over the past year that I've ordered phones from VZW and the phone has always been left for me. Most recently, I did it successfully 2 months ago when I was having my Eris and wife's Curve delivered, and today I was attempting to do the same thing just in case I was out when delivery occurred and as it happens, the fed ex guy was walking up the sidewalk when I went out to put the note up on my door. He told me that it what I was doing was exactly what should be done if the package requires a signature, but I'm not going to be available. Just so you know, I typically print out the VZW confirmation that it's been shipped which references the tracking number, and then I go to the Fedex tracking page once it's on the truck and print that page out. I then staple the two pages together and write a little note stating that my signature below constitutes permission to release the package and leave it on my doorstep. I then literally sign the paper, print my name and number under it and this little process has worked repeatedly for me. Not only for phones, but other things as well. There is nothing worse than missing the delivery, especially when you've been obsessing over the object for months as I have. Btw, got the phone earlier and it's absolutely fantastic.

Quick question, has anyone been able to go directly to the Fedex facility prior to the first delivery attempt and pick up their phone?

My sister and her husband ordered two Inc and they received their tracking notice today (they ordered on 6/6 in store at 11:30am EST) and delivery is scheduled for Tueday July 6th. They are leaving for vacation Saturday afternoon for a week and I figured if the phone was in the Fedex facility sitting there over the weekend that she might be able to pick up the phone before they attempt to deliver on Tuesday. I know this is *IF* the phone makes it from Memphis to Tampa between today and Saturday morning but if it does and she can pick up both of the phones that would be great.

I called Fedex to inquire about this but the person said that there has to be at least 1 delivery attempf first before someone can pick it up and that is a requirement from Verizon directly. I would have to call Verizon and have them authorized a special pick up in order for my sister to pick it up on Saturday before a delivery attempt.

Does this sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    Quick question, has anyone been able to go directly to the Fedex facility prior to the first delivery attempt and pick up their phone?

My sister and her husband ordered two Inc and they received their tracking notice today (they ordered on 6/6 in store at 11:30am EST) and delivery is scheduled for Tueday July 6th. They are leaving for vacation Saturday afternoon for a week and I figured if the phone was in the Fedex facility sitting there over the weekend that she might be able to pick up the phone before they attempt to deliver on Tuesday. I know this is *IF* the phone makes it from Memphis to Tampa between today and Saturday morning but if it does and she can pick up both of the phones that would be great.

I called Fedex to inquire about this but the person said that there has to be at least 1 delivery attempf first before someone can pick it up and that is a requirement from Verizon directly. I would have to call Verizon and have them authorized a special pick up in order for my sister to pick it up on Saturday before a delivery attempt.

Does this sound right?

Yeah that sounds right. Yesterday my extended battery from Verizon was out to delivery.. but I wasn't home. I went right after work at around 6:30-7pm to FedEx facility to pick it up (just need tracking # and ID.. dont have to go all the way home to get the door tag).

ANYWAYS, while I was there.. some girl asked "I have a package that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.. I will only be home in the morning. Can I pick it up here (the facility) before delivery has been attempted?" and the guy replied the same as your person "you cannot pickup at a facility unless delivery has been attempted at least once".

BUT!! another guy was asking about something.. and FedEx can HOLD your packages.. so if you instruct FedEx to hold a package and not deliver it.. they will "call you" when it is at their facility.. but I'm not sure the date/time will be any sooner than just having it delivered to your door.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast