Save $30 on Smartphones til 5/3

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
for some people this coupon isnt working but just call in CSR and tell them about the coupon and they should credit your account $30. some may make you wait till you activate the phone

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
from what I'm reading here, it appears like the only people getting approved when placing the order are people who are opening up a new account or line and not people who are upgrading......can anyone confirm if they got the discount by doing a phone upgrade?

I tried a few times today to upgrade my phone and get the discount and I kept getting the same error message everyone else is getting.

I'm wondering if it is only the new lines/accounts that are getting the discount because if you upgrade you don't have an activation fee.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I seen this damn post after ordering my phone. I sent them an email saying I forgot to apply the promo code, will post back with results.

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
from what I'm reading here, it appears like the only people getting approved when placing the order are people who are opening up a new account or line and not people who are upgrading......can anyone confirm if they got the discount by doing a phone upgrade?

I tried a few times today to upgrade my phone and get the discount and I kept getting the same error message everyone else is getting.

I'm wondering if it is only the new lines/accounts that are getting the discount because if you upgrade you don't have an activation fee.

I did an upgrade and was able to apply the code to my order. If it helps it was also a secondary line with a blackberry curve on it to the incredible.

SpYd3r05

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@ Patrick, negative, I also have a Gov account... just spoke to a rep and got the discount added to my preordered phone... dialed 611 on the automated i said internet sales... got to a lady and she was very helpful//

Got it on an upgrade with new every 2. brings total to the whopping sum of 69.99 :)

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please share the name of the rep who credited your account with this. I got some bonehead who won't do it under the price match.

Thank you

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The only credit I could find is for new lines or 'dumb' phone to smartphone upgrades, I couldn't get any CS rep to apply it to a smartphone to smartphone normal upgrade. (so I have to wait for my new every 2)

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I made a "dummy" order online, applied the promo, and was able to get it to credit, no problem. But the lady on the line wouldn't price match on that. Excuse: it's an online promo only. I tried to explain the price match guarantee, and she couldn't make the connection.

Does anyone have a link to the verbiage on the price match guarantee? I can't find it.

emptyxhotel

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just called Verizon's customer service, told her I saw the page online and she credited my account the $30!

I should note that it took her awhile to find the code in the system and she kept asking me how I found the code for the $30 off, but I eventually got it! Pretty easy!

mistyinca

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just called Verizon's customer service, told her I saw the page online and she credited my account the $30!

I should note that it took her awhile to find the code in the system and she kept asking me how I found the code for the $30 off, but I eventually got it! Pretty easy!

Did you get a name for the rep or extension number?

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I decided finally to give this a try today, so I just called the sales number 800-256-4646 and told them that I was thinking of upgrading mine and my husband's blackberries and that my friend had emailed me about the SMART30 promo code. I told him that when I tried to do this online it wouldn't give me the discount.

The rep's name was Cornelius (if this helps anyone), he said he hadn't heard of this promo and asked me to send him the link. This is the link that I sent him, http://www.verizon.com/b2c/store/abandonCart.jsp?action=removeOrder&cartIndexLocation=1&path=2.

Then he put me on hold to talk to his supervisor....he came back about 30 seconds later and said it looks good, so he will give me the discount on each phone. He even apologized for not being able to complete my order online.

I don't know if I just got lucky on the first try, but hopefully this will help out someone else.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone w Verizon cs. I ordered my Inc on Thursday over the phone. I remembered this thread but didn't want to push my luck since cs was upgrading me early. Anyways the gal tonight was more than happy to credit my account for the code. Thanks guys.

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, is this working only for those who ordered online? I bought mine in store, and i'm curious if i can call and get a credit?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
it is only online and you have to start a new line u cant upgrade or renew has to be a new line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45