Incredible is incredible a year ago

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I still want to learn how to flash a rom onto the dinc...I would do cm7 since I use go launcher now....

but anyhow.

Doesn't he look like a white lionel ritchie?

You know, he really does. I've never noticed that before, but now that you mention it I totally see it.

Anyways, +1 for Wanda's comments. If you're a Sense fan go with one of the Gingersense ROM's. I know a lot of people love Skyraider, but that fact that it's Froyo is a huge drawback (for me, anyway) and I believe the chef has moved on to the Thunderbolt, so I doubt we'll be seeing a Gingerbread version anytime soon. And if you're looking for an AOSP ROM, then CM7 is defiantly the way to go.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
That's how I have my Dinc set up.....

BTW OP is banned lol

Haha - guess he went from here to the TBolt forum to shoot off his mouth. There are more Mods there than you can shake a stick at!

hey congrats on becoming an advisor....I missed that one lol

Thank you sir!

Stig: *angry* "Where did you learn to do this stuff...huh!! Tell me, who taught you how to flash and do nandroids like this?"

Me: *sobbing* "You Stig, I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!!!"

Wanda - return to the Tardis. Rose is waiting to discipline you! ;) LOL

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I would root and normally am good at following directions but with this I'd like to be able to just ask as I go and that is difficult on a forum. LOL

I think my major concern is inadvertently bricking my Inc. I still have my X but after using this Inc for 3 weeks, I don't wanna go back to Moto Blur.....AT ALL.... LOL

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Take it from me... rooting with unrevoked is as easy as plugging your phone to your computer. After that its all fun and games. With the high number of people that have successfuly rooted using that method I wouldn't be concerned at all about bricking. And if something does screw up, well here WE are. I remember a thread where someones screen wouldn't work and they couldn't see what selections they were making and someone (upstreammiami I think) still talked them through it.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Well then, I may very well give routing a try this weekend.

Go for it. Rooting with Unrevoked is really simple. Bad things can and sometimes still do happen, but like Wanda said, you don't have to be too concerned about bricking your phone as long as you're careful, and we're here to help if you need us. Do your research, turn off USB debugging, plug in your phone, let Unrevoked do it's thing, and enjoy root access. :cool:

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So I love my DInc just as it is. Is it possible to root to just get super user access to my stock Froyo device?

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I love my DInc just as it is. Is it possible to root to just get super user access to my stock Froyo device?

Sure. All rooting does is give you Superuser access, it doesn't change anything else. It is perfectly possible to get root access and leave everything else as is.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
while it's true you will get root access it would seem kinda pointless unless you were going to just be making nandroids. The whole point to rooting is to allow the user the freedom to truly customize their device. If nothing else I would root, then make a complete nandroid, then use titanium to back up all the Apps, then start deleting all the bloat verizon has added.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
while it's true you will get root access it would seem kinda pointless unless you were going to just be making nandroids. The whole point to rooting is to allow the user the freedom to truly customize their device. If nothing else I would root, then make a complete nandroid, then use titanium to back up all the Apps, then start deleting all the bloat verizon has added.

Now that sounds feasible. You guys make it sound like physics used to sound in college after a long night of drinking. Lol

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have mine rooted. I tried different versions of CM7 with the latest Incredikernel, along with various settings. My battery life increased some, but not all that much. CM7 is faster than stock, but there are a few bugs & missing features. Right now I'm rooted with stock Froyo.

bigsapz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Time to upgrade into a Tbolt kiddies. the incredible is getting pretty old a little slow and a little dated. I would go for the Tbolt and do it up right.

Its gonna take a lot more then just a 2nd gen processor, 4.3 screen and a 4G radio for me to upgrade my incredible. I root both the tbolt and inc ALL the time for people. Trust when I tell you, the Tbolt is not that impressive at all.

Sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible Obsession

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just as an update...I just successfully rooted and am about to flash the latest CM7 nightly and Chad's Incredikernel. I don't know what all that will do but I recall Wanda stating I'd see greatly improved battery life. Plus, I definitely want to get rid of the VZW bloatware.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget one of the other top reasons (at least for me) to root.... free mobile hotspots!

true dat!

i've made backups then....got close to wiping and booting the rom (i have both skyraider 4.2 and gingersense just sitting on my sd card, begging me to flash them...i just can't, afraid i will end up bricking the device, but i will hover the trackball over that, then when i do, i scroll up then hit "reboot system now"

i'm scared, yes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta