uninstalling Facebook app

colombiacanada

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't find this option that someone else mentioned already "4. Tap "third-party" on top, far left, next to "running""
Facebook can be your number one distraction that keeps you from being productive and getting daily stuff done. My device is new so I don't feel like rooting....yet.
Since I can't uninstall it, I now try to use it exclusively on weekends. In the meanttime here's what works for me: Settings/ Account&sync/manage accounts/ (Select Facebook) / remove account. I dont get notifications anymore at least.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Wait so you mean to tell me you can't remove fb from your device? What crap is that? It's become garbage with ads and trying to charge to send some messages..filled with drama and junk..why would HTC force me to keep it on my phone?

Sent from my amazing HTC

Tracy Rowland

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
How do I uninstall facebook app. When I go to manage apps it only gives me the option to uninstall updates. After I uninstall updates the uninstall option is greyed out.

I'm having the same issue, this fb app was pre installed on my phone. I'll I could do is uninstall updates as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You're quoting a post that's 3 years old, without adding anything else. Can we help you with anything?

EDIT: Ok, I saw your question now. If Facebook came preinstalled, then you can't remove it from your phone. You should be able to disable it, though, which prevents it from opening and therefore actively taking up system RAM. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Facebook, and tap Disable. If you don't see a Disable button, make sure you Uninstall All Updates first.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: Ok, I saw your question now. If Facebook came preinstalled, then you can't remove it from your phone. You should be able to disable it, though, which prevents it from opening and therefore actively taking up system RAM. Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Facebook, and tap Disable. If you don't see a Disable button, make sure you Uninstall All Updates first.

Thanks for this post.

I was having the exact same problem with a Samsung Galaxy 2 (AT&T) which also had FaceBook pre-installed, and there was no option to uninstall it. I did what you suggested, and after uninstalling the updates, I did get a button to disable it. That's as much as I can expect, I guess, until I root this old phone - which is looking more and more attractive every day.

Thanks again.

ewelinak

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody!
I would like to ask again the same question: how to uninstall facebook app? I have my android rooted but facebook.apk still doesn't appear in system/app folder. I also tried to remove it from 'Root App Delete' application and from 'Terminal Emulator' but in those two, facebook also doesn't appear. I also followed this tutorial: How To Install Android Applications On SDCARD Without Root | Info Techno (although it's for unrooted android) but it also didn't help and buttons 'uninstall' and 'move to sd card' are still inactive. I have no more ideas how to manage this :( Any advice would be appreciate.

kuzibri

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

want to delete FB from your device completely, even if it's installed as bloatware on your device, see this:Want to get rid of Facebook from your Xperia… | Sony Xperia X. Rooting is not necessary to achieve this. See post no #1. Guess it will also work for other devices than the Xperia X. After this action, you will not find FB anymore when you press the apps button on your Homesecreen. One warning though: if you go to Playstore - my apps, etc, you will find there are still two FB apps, that seem to be active, although they are not, these are FB app manager and FB update manager. Go to both apps and switch them off and FB is entirely removed form your device and does not use any battery usage anymore. Checked that myself with Powerclean.

kindest regards, kuzibri

Last edited: