Lock Screen on Incredible

skagen

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
When the screen is locked, its really not locked. None of the keys should work on the phone unless you unlock by dragging the lock to the bottom for the standard lock option. But if your phone is locked and you hit the "menu" key it takes you directly to home screen......I think its a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean at the lock screen If you hit the menu button it unlocks. And if that's what you meant its not a bug

skagen

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes that is what I meant.............hmmm.............I am surprised....One of the purpose for the lock screen would be to prevent from hitting keys while in your pocket. It will clearly defeat that purpose.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I forget, but someone over on AF's had the same question and it was replied to you have to go into some setting and make sure to "deactivate" the menu hitting key to allow the unlock. Sorry, wish I had a direct link, but it was posted yesterday in the main 'INC' thread at the top of the forum.

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as those buttons are capacitive i dont think you will have to worry about them getting pressed in your pocket...unless you got a hole in your pocket to play pocket pool...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I originally posted this over at the Crackberry forum - we have an Android forum there too. I believe this is a bug:

I have noticed what I think is a bug. At the bottom of some screens (the People screen, for instance), there is a list of icons at the bottom. I have noticed that, sometimes when I leave the phone on the desk, the selected icon will jump right and select the next icon even though I'm not touching the phone. Yep, it just did it again. I wonder if this is an OS bug or interference from my home network, laptop, something?

It never happens when the phone is in my hand. It only happens when I set the phone down on my work desk - makes me suspect interference of some kind (but, bluetooth isn't even on yet).

Anyone else noticed this?

skagen

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cory for changing the title. I agree we should figure this one out first and if it is a bug then we should put it in the bug list. ....

Though someone commented its a feature for SenseUI, and I am not too familiar with it to make a comment.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Though someone commented its a feature for SenseUI, and I am not too familiar with it to make a comment.

it is indeed not a bug, it's the way sense is designed. and i believe there is an option to turn off the feature.

Wow...I'm very glad to hear that. If you happen to know the name of the feature, I would appreciate the news.

That is an odd feature, if in fact it is one. :( Why would anyone want the phone to change screens by itself while the phone sits on the table? I dunno.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Wow...I'm very glad to hear that. If you happen to know the name of the feature, I would appreciate the news.

That is an odd feature, if in fact it is one. :( Why would anyone want the phone to change screens by itself while the phone sits on the table? I dunno.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they were referring to the problem the original poster was talking about with the lock screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2