Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Lock Screen on Incredible

    When the screen is locked, its really not locked. None of the keys should work on the phone unless you unlock by dragging the lock to the bottom for the standard lock option. But if your phone is locked and you hit the "menu" key it takes you directly to home screen......I think its a bug.
    Last edited by Cory Streater; 04-28-2010 at 12:29 PM.
  2. #2  
    thebizz's Avatar
    phone addict

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

    Default

    Do you mean at the lock screen If you hit the menu button it unlocks. And if that's what you meant its not a bug
    Rooted for life
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Yes that is what I meant.............hmmm.............I am surprised....One of the purpose for the lock screen would be to prevent from hitting keys while in your pocket. It will clearly defeat that purpose.
  4. #4  
    nickacs's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default

    I forget, but someone over on AF's had the same question and it was replied to you have to go into some setting and make sure to "deactivate" the menu hitting key to allow the unlock. Sorry, wish I had a direct link, but it was posted yesterday in the main 'INC' thread at the top of the forum.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Yeah, I think it's a sense thing. That's how my Eris worked too.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Seeing as those buttons are capacitive i dont think you will have to worry about them getting pressed in your pocket...unless you got a hole in your pocket to play pocket pool...
    Galaxy Nexus -Unlocked/Rooted- Stock Rom
    HTC Incredible. Unrevoked Forever. CM7
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threepio View Post
    Seeing as those buttons are capacitive i dont think you will have to worry about them getting pressed in your pocket...unless you got a hole in your pocket to play pocket pool...
    lol that made me laugh
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threepio View Post
    Seeing as those buttons are capacitive i dont think you will have to worry about them getting pressed in your pocket...unless you got a hole in your pocket to play pocket pool...
    Damn...then that's gonna get me.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threepio View Post
    Seeing as those buttons are capacitive i dont think you will have to worry about them getting pressed in your pocket...unless you got a hole in your pocket to play pocket pool...
    haha i laughed too
  10. #10  
    itch808's Avatar

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by threepio View Post
    seeing as those buttons are capacitive i dont think you will have to worry about them getting pressed in your pocket...unless you got a hole in your pocket to play pocket pool...
    lol...!!!!!!!
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by itch808 View Post
    lol...!!!!!!!
    haha i laughed too
  12. #12  

    Default

    Glad you guys got a chuckle!
    Galaxy Nexus -Unlocked/Rooted- Stock Rom
    HTC Incredible. Unrevoked Forever. CM7
  13. #13  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Yeah that one got me laughing too C3PO
  14. #14  

    Default

    I originally posted this over at the Crackberry forum - we have an Android forum there too. I believe this is a bug:

    I have noticed what I think is a bug. At the bottom of some screens (the People screen, for instance), there is a list of icons at the bottom. I have noticed that, sometimes when I leave the phone on the desk, the selected icon will jump right and select the next icon even though I'm not touching the phone. Yep, it just did it again. I wonder if this is an OS bug or interference from my home network, laptop, something?

    It never happens when the phone is in my hand. It only happens when I set the phone down on my work desk - makes me suspect interference of some kind (but, bluetooth isn't even on yet).
    Anyone else noticed this?
  15. #15  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    13,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    Since this hasn't turned into any sort of bugs, I'm going to rename the title. If a bugs are found, feel free to start a new thread.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Since this hasn't turned into any sort of bugs, I'm going to rename the title. If a bugs are found, feel free to start a new thread.
    wha??? you're saying that my post (just above yours) isn't bug-related? lol.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Thanks Cory for changing the title. I agree we should figure this one out first and if it is a bug then we should put it in the bug list. ....

    Though someone commented its a feature for SenseUI, and I am not too familiar with it to make a comment.
  18. #18  

    Default

    it is indeed not a bug, it's the way sense is designed. and i believe there is an option to turn off the feature.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skagen View Post

    Though someone commented its a feature for SenseUI, and I am not too familiar with it to make a comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    it is indeed not a bug, it's the way sense is designed. and i believe there is an option to turn off the feature.
    Wow...I'm very glad to hear that. If you happen to know the name of the feature, I would appreciate the news.

    That is an odd feature, if in fact it is one. Why would anyone want the phone to change screens by itself while the phone sits on the table? I dunno.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Wow...I'm very glad to hear that. If you happen to know the name of the feature, I would appreciate the news.

    That is an odd feature, if in fact it is one. Why would anyone want the phone to change screens by itself while the phone sits on the table? I dunno.
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they were referring to the problem the original poster was talking about with the lock screen.
  21. #21  

    Default

    yea, i was talking about the lock screen.

    the other thing could be an issue with your specific handset, but we'll find out once the phones get to more than a handful of people tomorrow.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    I forget, but someone over on AF's had the same question and it was replied to you have to go into some setting and make sure to "deactivate" the menu hitting key to allow the unlock. Sorry, wish I had a direct link, but it was posted yesterday in the main 'INC' thread at the top of the forum.
    I can't find this in that thread or in the settings. Any idea where that is?
    The Android Blog - Latest Android Smartphone News and Reviews
  23. #23  

    Default Here is a Bug

    I went to my address book profile and edited my wifes info, i added our anniversary date (4-29-2006) on the SCROLL TOOL. Click OK and in profile it says April 28, 2006. I click again change it to April 30 on Scroll Tool and click ok and it turned to April 29, 2006, I click MENU > SAVE and view profile and it say April 30, 2006. So i went back change on Scroll tool to April 29,2006 clicked ok it showed April 28, 2006 cliked save and view profile and it said April 29. So after using Scroll Tool it puts one day off, and when you save it, it makes it correct. Give it a try

Posting Permissions

B