Text messaging copying last word

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Every now and then i'll text someone and after it sends, it'll show the last word that i had just sent them in the texting area where you compose the message.

I am running Nils business gingersense, what could be causing this??

Im also running smart keyboard

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Every now and then i'll text someone and after it sends, it'll show the last word that i had just sent them in the texting area where you compose the message.

I sometimes see this on my stock thunderbolt. It might be a sense issue

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

trinydex

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
i am having this issue with my thunderbolt.

i was using smart keyboard with the autocorrect turned off (this becomes important later). the words would just appear once in a while. it would happen in gchat and in text messaging. i would type something, press enter or send and then the very next thing i typed would have the last word i typed from the previous message appended to it.

example:

hi i have an android phone (press send)

phonei don't know why the last word i type reappears.

end example.

i thought it might be smart keyboard since it never did this before i started using smart keyboard.

i switched back to the factory keyboard.

it recently started happening again with the factory keyboard with the autocorrect turned on (i used to never have autocorrect turned on but i was convinced to use it).

what happens is the autocorrect bar that pops up will linger after i have pressed send. if i type fast enough after pressing send it will append the last word typed (via autocorrect) into the text field. this only happens once in a while, i presume when autocorrect is running slowly or i have done something to make the typing input functions on the phone run slowly. i don't know what it takes to produce this problem but it is very evident when it happens. i hypothesize that the exact same thing was happening when i was using smart keyboard, however since i had the autocorrect disabled i would never see the lingering autocorrect bar.

i'm not sure if this hypothesis is correct, but the effect is the same for both situation, whatever the explanation really is.

shadow8ski

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
This problem seems to still exist from the first post in July 2011 until today 2/12/2015! I'm able to duplicate the problem on my HTC One M8 using Contacts+ texting by sending a text in portrait mode and then turning to landscape. The last word of the previous text reappears as the beginning of my next text message. Does anyone have any ideas as to what causes this?

Bennie Blanco

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
I just found the solution. First you shout at the screen, then you lift a heavy mash hammer and swing it through the screen until it hits the concrete floor below. This will bring relief to the situation.

AmazonK

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
I found a fix. You have to use a . , ! or ?. Basically end your message with some sort of punctuation. Which sucks esp when you are trying quickly respond. Hope this helps.

Lexxi Renee

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
I found a fix. You have to use a . , ! or ?. Basically end your message with some sort of punctuation. Which sucks esp when you are trying quickly respond. Hope this helps.

It is 2022 now and this happens to me when I use punctuation at the end of what I type. It copies onto the next message I'm sending to someone else. Bummer.

Adrean Randall1

Feb 24, 2022
Visit site

Problem is still persisting in 2022 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs