Sound Profiles

roman08225

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Sound Profiles???? HELP

I know droid does not have sound profiles like BB did, but maybe someone has suggestions. When i go to sleep i get emails so on BB i had a profile where email was quiet, and Phone Calls and BB Messenger would make sound so someone can wake me up if i need to...On Incredible i can only make it silent and in that case emails are quiet which is great but if someone calls or txt me i cant hear it. What is the best solution for this???

Last edited:

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know droid does not have sound profiles like BB did, but maybe someone has suggestions. When i go to sleep i get emails so on BB i had a profile where email was quiet, and Phone Calls and BB Messenger would make sound so someone can wake me up if i need to...On Incredible i can only make it silent and in that case emails are quiet which is great but if someone calls or txt me i cant hear it. What is the best solution for this???

I miss the bedside mode too.

I think the answer lies in profile managers. They're quite abundant on the market.

Personally, I don't want anyone waking me. Silent mode works just fine.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i JUST remembered the name of the app that everyone raved about when the droid came out.

it's called locale, and you can set up some pretty intricate sound profiles (based on time and/or location)

Locale for Android

see if that works for you, i can't remember if it's free or not though

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Sound Manager

Look for Sound Manager, it's a free app that lets you set up schedules for various alerts.

I use it for one sole purpose - so that the phone vibrates ONLY when in Vibrate mode. When in Ring mode, I want it to ring only! This does that beautifully, and it's a simple program.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Before I decide to get the Incredible, I would want to make sure I have that feature. I like to have my Emails and SMS Messages on Silent at bedtime, yet I can still have Phone Calls enabled so I can be reached in case of an emergency.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The app you want is Setting Profiles. Sets ringer, vibrate, notifications (email, SMS) etc etc based on time/date periods and also calendar events. I use it to automatically put my phone into vibrate mode during work and back to ring/notifications after work. It can easily set your phone for example to ring only on weekdays from 10pm to 7am and 11pm to 8am on weekends. Both with email and SMS silenced during those time periods. Then have everything on during the day.

You can also save your settings to your sd card in case your phone needs to be replaced or reset.