'Sticky' power button?

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
ANyone else having this problem? I received mine today and the only problem so far is that the power button gets kind of stuck down. WHIle it's like that a soft touch will turn it on/off but I have to sort of squeeze the front/back pieces together at the top and then it pops up as it should be.

vakiwi

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
mine is also sticking. it's worse when i have the verizon silicone case on. will see what happens over the next few days but may need to go talk to a rep in the store.

thedroidblog

Apr 26, 2010
theandroidblog.com
Mine is fine. It springs back every time just fine with a little click. It does slant to the left a little but when I look at it from the front of the phone but it doesn't seem to affect the performance of it.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The button has finally loosened up although it's taken alot of pushes to get there. It still doesn't work well with the verizon silicon case (the one with the bubbles). Once that is on it seems to push down on the button so it can't raise up all the way. So that's going back to the store...

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for three weeks and am having the same problem. Anyone know how long it takes for this to stop happening?

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same issue as well when I first got it. Took a good couple of weeks for it to "loosen" up and work correctly. It's still not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but it works.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The button has finally loosened up although it's taken alot of pushes to get there. It still doesn't work well with the verizon silicon case (the one with the bubbles). Once that is on it seems to push down on the button so it can't raise up all the way. So that's going back to the store...

Yeah , I would take it back to. My Power Button has been the same from the day I got it .It probably would eventually loosen up more but still would get old if it keeps getting "stuck kinda"

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I was kinda hoping they were all like mine but they all eventually get fixed. But if I got one of the "bad" ones it's going back.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Although mine was sticky right after I got it, it loosened up after a few days. I'm not sure this should happen as it seems like an engineering flaw, but I've had it for a few months now and have had no further problems.

tpierce67

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife just got her's a little over a week ago and is having the same issue. It's mostly a problem with the snap - on soft touch case. What I did was remove the case.....remove the back cover and with a nail file smoothed out the notch that goes around the power button. It's trial an error.....after a couple times putting back cover and case back on to test I finally got it to work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski