cell service fluctuating

proskier

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
my cell service is fluctuating alot...

it has been at like 1-2 bars in my apt and work all day and right as i go to make a call it jumps up to a full 4 bars

is this some battery saving feature???

my old phone (env touch) had perfect service in both locations and my coworker who has a droid and sits in the cube next to me also has perfect service...

how can i fix this?? any ideas?

thanks!

vakiwi

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the exact same thing. I've have a BB 8130 with 4 bars right next to the incredible which is fluctuating between 1 and two bars. I'm kind of surprised with this.

proskier

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
i think i saw someone else said its a software bug... i really want to hear something official or see a post somewhere that is official...

can anyone link??? please

proskier

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
That kind of sounds like a power saving feature, but I have no exact information. Is your call quality/reception diminished?

never dropped a call or anything but im concerned because i want it to tell the truth... this seems like something that should not happen on a smartphone... it is a phone first right??? is everyone having this problem??? or should i go demand a new phone from VZ?

sorry for double post... these forums are fast

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
That kind of sounds like a power saving feature, but I have no exact information. Is your call quality/reception diminished?

My call quality has improved a lot since moving from BB Curve to Inc.

I think you guys nailed it -- battery saving feature.

proskier

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah but im not so sure because all of my old phones died so much faster when they had less bars compared to good service...

how much sense would it make then as a battery "saving" feature?

vakiwi

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i haven;t dropped a call yet, but I also haven't been talking that much on it today. why watching the bars a few minutes ago there was a period of no bars --- just doesn;t seem right.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm seeing the exact same thing. I've have a BB 8130 with 4 bars right next to the incredible which is fluctuating between 1 and two bars. I'm kind of surprised with this.

does it make a difference that the BB isn't a rev. A device (iirc the older (pre storm) blackberrys were only Rev. 0 devices..)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown