Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which Keyboard Do You Prefer on your Droid Inc.?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo)

5 9.43%
  • Android 2.3 GB (For you rooted Fans!)

4 7.55%
  • Flex T9

3 5.66%
  • Swiftkey / Swiftkey X

30 56.60%
  • Swype

11 20.75%
  • Vlingo (Pre-Update)

0 0%
  • Doesn't Matter to Me

0 0%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

Exclamation Which Keyboard Do You Prefer for Your Droid Inc.?

After over a year of ownership (and in some cases, less), our texting input choices have grown exponentially. With so many choices, I am curious as to which keyboard you use and for which purpose. Do you use one for texting and another for e-mail? Or does one keyboard rule them all?

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 Nightly 148

Default Re: Which Keyboard Do You Prefer for Your Droid Inc.?

I use Swiftkey X. It's a great keyboard. and once it's "learned" enough from you the text predection can be almost frighteningly accurate at times.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

I downloaded Swiftkey X and the creepy part is, after awhile, as you type, this thing seems to read your mind. I guess it takes time for the prediction algoritm to figure tendencies in your text pattern. But it is crazy accurate. Flex T9 I almost used exclusively until Swiftkey X.

Normally Swype but over the last couple days I've been using Touch Input.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (for now)

I've been using the stock Sense Froyo keyboard, though I have used Swype and have recently downloaded Swiftkey X, but haven't used Swiftkey enough to know if I like it or not yet...

I don't have the phone but I think tht every phone shud have SwiftKey X.

http://sgp.cm/isaiah

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

I used Swype for a few days and it never really clicked for me. Never tried Swiftkey, but it does seem to be very popular. So far I'm just sticking with the Stock GB keyboard in CM7. It works great and I haven't really felt a need to switch.

Carrier
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    I used Swype for a few days and it never really clicked for me. Never tried Swiftkey, but it does seem to be very popular. So far I'm just sticking with the Stock GB keyboard in CM7. It works great and I haven't really felt a need to switch.
    Your not missing much. I've been using Swiftkey since it was free from Amazon a few days ago. I'm sure it has its pluses but the stock GB is, for me, alot more user friendly. Less typo's, better layout. I'll give it a few more days before I make a final "verdict" but so far, GB keyboard is my fav.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    So at least I will know what to look for when the DInc finally gets it's GB update. I am curious about the GB keyboard, as I have heard people say it's head and shoulders above anything stock Froyo.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by Jowlah View Post
    So at least I will know what to look for when the DInc finally gets it's GB update. I am curious about the GB keyboard, as I have heard people say it's head and shoulders above anything stock Froyo.
    Wail I prefer Swiftkey X the stock Gingerbread keyboard is pretty great. Unfortunately if the Dinc gets a Gingerbread update it will come with the HTC keyboard, not the stock Gingerbread keyboard, and I've never liked HTC's keyboard. If you want to give the stock keyboard a try it's available in the market.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Carrier
    MIUI

I'm using Swiftkey X but I sometimes switch back to the stock keyboard.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I have used shapewriter from the first day I got my incredible, and I keep going back to it, I've tried every keyboard and found it to always the best IMO.

T9 Flex Keyboard

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Have Swype and SwiftKey X. Prefer Swype as an input method, but still find that the stock Froyo keyboard is the most reliable (i.e., not laggy) in the largest number of situations. Also, I always seem to be fighting the text predictions on Swype and SwiftKey, even though I add words as I go along and have used the Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, and SMS personalization on SwiftKey X.

I use swiftkey x most of the time

sent using TaPaTaLk

Carrier
    Stock

I downloaded SwiftKey X over the weekend and I absolutely love it. The word predictions are amazing. I've increased my typing speed and accuracy exponentially.

Carrier
    Stock/ ICS Rooted

I still use the stock one but got Swift Key when it was free last week. Maybe I will install and try it.

I love SwiftKey and so most of your respondents so far. It learns how you think and suggest words you will most likely say next. Sometimes it suggests a better word than you were thinking. It gets so good, it is a litlle scary.

Great question to ask. In the end it is whatever feels best to you.

Jowlah likes this.

I have the smartkey board pro and LOVE it. I did try the Swift key X when offered free from Amazon. I don't like it as well as smartkey . I am back with smartkey . It is personal preference.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I love SwiftKey and so most of your respondents so far.

Great question to ask.
    Thanks. I figured with all the choices out there, now was a great time to poll the Android Community and find out more about what keyboard habits they have. SwiftKey is really good. I like how you can have a theme color (Neon for me!) for your keyboard. The more customization, the better.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Carrier
    RezRom

I like swype since it feels more natural to use without typing up both hands..

Has anybody tried BetterKeyboard... I LOVE it although it isn't a swipe type (that rhymed) it still pretty much makes customizing more custom
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Carrier
    TouchWiz/Android 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jodigurl View Post
    Has anybody tried BetterKeyboard... I LOVE it although it isn't a swipe type (that rhymed) it still pretty much makes customizing more custom
    BetterKeyBoard? I haven't heard of that one. I will look it up in the Market and give it a try.

Been using SwiftKeyX for almost a year, just got the Swype 3.0 BETA today. I'll give that a whirl for a few days and see where it goes. For me having long fingernails is also a factor in how I use or rate a keyboard performance, something not everyone deals with.

I've tried pretty much every single keyboard out there and am using one not even on this poll's list - HTC IME mod, which i think is better than anything else out there right now - it absolutely flies without any hesitation at all.

You can find the .apk on XDA developers site. It's a modded version of the stock HTC keyboard but MUCH MUCH FASTER, plus a few tweaks (smiley button, swipe left to erase, etc).

I had been primarily using SwiftKeyX, but it's not as responsive as the HTC IME mod, especially if you add haptic feedback (which i've found really slows down most keyboards out there). I have HTC IME using only sounds for typing, not haptic, and it absolutely flies and is very accurate too.

You should look it up and compare... (and it's free)