Wifi Q & A

tommy m

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
the Wifi is so bad. It causes errors in yahoo and timeouts in touchdown. I finaly just turned it off. Anyone else having these issues?

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I dont use Yahoo or Touchdown.. but I was using WiFi all night yesterday at my house and it was doing great.. incredibly fast. no pun intended

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes and no. It works great on my 802.11g network but I can't get it to connect to my N network. No speed or connectivity issues otherwise.

Guy Fox

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had it hooked up to my VZW wireless router and the only problem was during initial setup, while adding a new network and entering the router ID and password - the text entry was a bit difficult because the cursor would inexplicably jump back a couple of characters, so I'd be typing along and notice that the numbers were transposed because it began entering new characters midway through the sequence. I had to erase and redo it several times and it was a real pain. Might be a bug with this numerical entry field.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have WIFI on my BlackBerry and its not spectacular either buy it is better than using 3G. Hope the Incredible is at least as good as that.

BTW to the guy having problems on his "N" network I don't think ths device is compatible with wireless "N." I thought I read only "B" and "G"

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a blackberry with no WiFi...

So question: will it automatically connect to WiFi once I set it up, if it's available? Or will it ask me to connect each time and annoy the hell out of me if I go in and out of WiFi hot spots?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I dont use Yahoo or Touchdown.. but I was using WiFi all night yesterday at my house and it was doing great.. incredibly fast. no pun intended

I can make a connection to my home network from further away from the router than I can with my laptop. I had no trouble with the connection.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh.

Sounds like the problem I encountered when trying to link my wife's Eris with our brand new Linksys N Wireless Router. Our old G gave up the ghost a few days ago so I went to BB and got the latest greatest N router. Tried just last night to make that connection and no luck. We had been able to easily link the Eris with the old G router with no problems....

Hmmmm.....

Wonder if the Evo will be able to connect.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It should just hook up but that's assuming you're leaving the WiFi turned on within your device.
I'm coming from a blackberry with no WiFi...

So question: will it automatically connect to WiFi once I set it up, if it's available? Or will it ask me to connect each time and annoy the hell out of me if I go in and out of WiFi hot spots?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
If any of you guys have successfully connected to an 802.11n router, please let me know.

If you go into the router's setting you should be able to tell the routher which standard(s) to broadcast in. I have a wireless G router and it will broadcast in A, B, G, or all 3. Check it out there is usually an IP address you type into the address bar on your browser to make these changes.

As I said previously I'm 99% sure the Incredible is only compatible with Wireless B and Wireless G.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
check what mode your router is broadcasting in - N only or N compatibility mode. If it's the latter, you should be able to connect. I don't think N is enabled on the Incredible.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My router actually has 2 distinct radios with unique SSID's. One of them broadcasts 2.4GHz b/g/n and the other broadcasts 5ghz a/n. It's the latter that my Incredible will not connect to. I'm realizing now that the Droid is capable of N but only in the 2.4GHz frequency.

Thanks guys.