Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Default Wifi Q & A

the Wifi is so bad. It causes errors in yahoo and timeouts in touchdown. I finaly just turned it off. Anyone else having these issues?

I dont use Yahoo or Touchdown.. but I was using WiFi all night yesterday at my house and it was doing great.. incredibly fast. no pun intended
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Yes and no. It works great on my 802.11g network but I can't get it to connect to my N network. No speed or connectivity issues otherwise.

i believe i'm on "g" at home.. works great

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Wifi has been great on mine so far.

Wifi is on par with my droid and Iphone 3GS.

I had it hooked up to my VZW wireless router and the only problem was during initial setup, while adding a new network and entering the router ID and password - the text entry was a bit difficult because the cursor would inexplicably jump back a couple of characters, so I'd be typing along and notice that the numbers were transposed because it began entering new characters midway through the sequence. I had to erase and redo it several times and it was a real pain. Might be a bug with this numerical entry field.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

do you have to enter the router id?
    can't you just search for networks and enter in the network password?

I have WIFI on my BlackBerry and its not spectacular either buy it is better than using 3G. Hope the Incredible is at least as good as that.

BTW to the guy having problems on his "N" network I don't think ths device is compatible with wireless "N." I thought I read only "B" and "G"

WiFi has been terrific for me. Best I've had on any device.

I'm coming from a blackberry with no WiFi...

So question: will it automatically connect to WiFi once I set it up, if it's available? Or will it ask me to connect each time and annoy the hell out of me if I go in and out of WiFi hot spots?

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sum spicy rice View Post
    I dont use Yahoo or Touchdown.. but I was using WiFi all night yesterday at my house and it was doing great.. incredibly fast. no pun intended
    I can make a connection to my home network from further away from the router than I can with my laptop. I had no trouble with the connection.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

If any of you guys have successfully connected to an 802.11n router, please let me know.

Uh oh.

Sounds like the problem I encountered when trying to link my wife's Eris with our brand new Linksys N Wireless Router. Our old G gave up the ghost a few days ago so I went to BB and got the latest greatest N router. Tried just last night to make that connection and no luck. We had been able to easily link the Eris with the old G router with no problems....

Hmmmm.....

Wonder if the Evo will be able to connect.

It should just hook up but that's assuming you're leaving the WiFi turned on within your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I'm coming from a blackberry with no WiFi...

So question: will it automatically connect to WiFi once I set it up, if it's available? Or will it ask me to connect each time and annoy the hell out of me if I go in and out of WiFi hot spots?

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    If any of you guys have successfully connected to an 802.11n router, please let me know.
    Mine is a "N" router. I didn't look to see if that was the protocol or not, since I was led to believe this phone didn't support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    If you go into the router's setting you should be able to tell the routher which standard(s) to broadcast in. I have a wireless G router and it will broadcast in A, B, G, or all 3. Check it out there is usually an IP address you type into the address bar on your browser to make these changes.

As I said previously I'm 99% sure the Incredible is only compatible with Wireless B and Wireless G.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

check what mode your router is broadcasting in - N only or N compatibility mode. If it's the latter, you should be able to connect. I don't think N is enabled on the Incredible.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

My router actually has 2 distinct radios with unique SSID's. One of them broadcasts 2.4GHz b/g/n and the other broadcasts 5ghz a/n. It's the latter that my Incredible will not connect to. I'm realizing now that the Droid is capable of N but only in the 2.4GHz frequency.

Thanks guys.

Default Unable to connect to WiFi

So far no matter what I try I cannot turn on WiFi. It says "Unable To Connect To WiFi". Any suggestion?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by herbologist View Post
    So far no matter what I try I cannot turn on WiFi. It says "Unable To Connect To WiFi". Any suggestion?
    What frequency is your access point broadcasting on? It must be 2.4GHz (b, g, or n)

Does the access point have MAC address filtering turned on?

Check your Wi-Fi access point logs to see if you can see your phone trying to connect and what errors may be occurring.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Default Wifi broken?!?

I simply cannot connect to my router which runs mixed b/g/n. My laptop with N capability connects fine. My old BB bold 9000 that only had b/g connected fine. But my Dinc won't connect.

Is anyone else having wifi connection problems???!?!???

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Mine connects to my wireless network at home without a hitch, and I'm able to browse the internet. I'm NOT able to pull down Twitter updates via Twidroid Pro, though, which I'm confused about. When I disconnect from my wireless network, I am able to pull down new Twitter updates. It's a mystery, for now.

I just tried this, I have the same problem. Linksys router, running mixed b/g/n. It says it's connecting, and then 5 seconds later it says it's disconnected. Made sure everything was typed correctly, still no go. I'm not sure what's up.

hmmm no problems here with my Uverse router
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast