Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile data connection not working

Just putting this out there in case anyone else has the same problem. I received my phone and it works great with voice calls and wifi, however, the data connection through Verizon isn't connecting.

In settings for "Wireless & networks", the "Mobile network" setting is checked but the whole thing is grayed out and it says "Turning on..." continuously.

I went through 3 levels of Verizon support and then over to HTC support. At the end of several attempts to wipe the phone and check settings, HTC support rep said they had heard many reports of the same thing that day and the report was being sent to their research department.

Overall, still blown away by the power and capabilities of the new phone and look forward to getting everything straightened out with the mobile data connection.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by alear View Post
    Just putting this out there in case anyone else has the same problem. I received my phone and it works great with voice calls and wifi, however, the data connection through Verizon isn't connecting.

In settings for "Wireless & networks", the "Mobile network" setting is checked but the whole thing is grayed out and it says "Turning on..." continuously.

I went through 3 levels of Verizon support and then over to HTC support. At the end of several attempts to wipe the phone and check settings, HTC support rep said they had heard many reports of the same thing that day and the report was being sent to their research department.

Overall, still blown away by the power and capabilities of the new phone and look forward to getting everything straightened out with the mobile data connection.

Alex
    saw another thread about this. Call VZW up perhaps and make sure the data plan is active
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat