Disable screen lock

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Hope this issue hasn't been covered already. I searched and didn't find anything.
I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to prevent my screen from locking itself after the backlight times out :confused:
If this feature is not an option now is it something that might be available after rooting is figured out?

Reactions: acehighdan

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Theres apps on the market, search for Lock, and you can probably find one. Note since this phone is new with 2.1 and sense ui, some of these apps may not be compatible and may take a few tries to find one that works or you will have to wait.

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
So I tried a few apps out that are supposed to block the automatic screen lock. For me the one that works best is NoLock by BoD. it's not consistent but for now I can live with it.
Once you disable the locking, you can wake the phone by pressing the trackpad (doesn't always work), the power button, or the volume buttons. When the backlight is on and you tap the power button or let it dim out, it only goes into sleep mode instead of going to sleep & locking. If you want to go back to allowing the screen to lock when the backlight times out all you gotta do is open the app and re-enable.
BTW... all the apps I tried for this were free. Some might have better luck with pay apps.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
So I tried a few apps out that are supposed to block the automatic screen lock. For me the one that works best is NoLock by BoD. it's not consistent but for now I can live with it.
Once you disable the locking, you can wake the phone by pressing the trackpad (doesn't always work), the power button, or the volume buttons. When the backlight is on and you tap the power button or let it dim out, it only goes into sleep mode instead of going to sleep & locking. If you want to go back to allowing the screen to lock when the backlight times out all you gotta do is open the app and re-enable.
BTW... all the apps I tried for this were free. Some might have better luck with pay apps.

i agree. there should be an option of when to lock or standby. i don't see the point of both. and when i'm at work, i would prefer none. it would be nice to just tap my screen to bring it up because it sits on my desk all day. seems like NoLock i working good for me too.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using NoLock as well. Emailed the developer to let him know when I restarted the device I had to lock/re-unlock the settings with No Lock to get it to work properly. He replied back quickly saying it was a bug and he would work on it.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using NoLock as well. Emailed the developer to let him know when I restarted the device I had to lock/re-unlock the settings with No Lock to get it to work properly. He replied back quickly saying it was a bug and he would work on it.

i also emailed him asking to put in an option to choose which buttons would turn the screen back on. some people don't want volume button to activate the screen.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
no lock is a great app, thanks for the heads up. I like how easy it is to turn on and off for like when its in my pocket.

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I found PatternControl to do more what I want. I don't really mind the swipe down bit but what drove me crazy that that it activates he pattern lock also. This app adds an additional time out before the pattern lock kicks in.