Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon would not sell me a phone full price.

I went into Verizon today to pay full price for a Incredible. They would not sell me a phone at any price. They said that I had to either buy a second line or upgrade which I am not able to do. This is not the best way to do business. I am in sales and when a customer wants to give me money you take it and make the sale.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth v2.0 Beta2

hmmm, i'm not eligible to upgrade till july. hope this means they'll let me upgrade early!!

There has to be more to this story that you haven't mentioned yet.

That is amazing and yet I have heard this story before. If I remember correctly that is NOT Verizons policy. I would call CS and find out.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Yeah no kidding, I just got some coffee please finish your story!
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Something fishy here. I purchased mine retail this morning....

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    I went into Verizon today to pay full price for a Incredible. They would not sell me a phone at any price. They said that I had to either buy a second line or upgrade which I am not able to do. This is not the best way to do business. I am in sales and when a customer wants to give me money you take it and make the sale.
    I agree a thousand percent. I am in sales, Home Improvement Retail, and I ALWAYS put the customer first! If someone wants to spend their hard earned money in my store, I'll gladly take it!

Sounds weird... One would imagine if you're willing to pay full price for a phone, why not sell it??
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I'm just guessing but the sales reps probably make a larger commission off of new lines vs. existing customers on contract paying full price. I would ask to speak to a manager. It also could be a corporate store vs authorized reseller policy if you went to one of those. Or maybe that store is low on stock and they want to ensure new customers aren't turned away because they ran out of them.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Nope, I called VZ and they said that each region has their own policies. So I had to order it straight from VZ and will get it maybe tomorrow. This is the worst sales transaction that I have ever seen. They failed sales 101.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Bought mine at full retail from authorized dealer store on Tuesday night!

best buy will sell you one for $529. i just bought one for retail at a best buy this morning.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Just called VZ again and they said that the store should have sold me the phone. Now I am really mad. Oh well the one that they ordered for me has shipped and will be here by 3:00pm.

maybe the guy didnt want to sell you the phone.. if they hold the phones and only let people who upgrade buy them.. then they might make a comission.. and/or get people to renew their contracts/upgrade to data plans.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

That is still no way to treat a long time customer that buys all of their phones from them and most of them at full retail. His attitude and lack of concern need to be addressed buy his superiors. He would not fit in where I work and the customer comes first.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Call Executive Customer Service. Google "Verizon Executive Customer Service". Good, intelligent people on that line.
    BB Storm 1 => Incredible => Galaxy Nexus
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by sum spicy rice View Post
    maybe the guy didnt want to sell you the phone.. if they hold the phones and only let people who upgrade buy them.. then they might make a comission.. and/or get people to renew their contracts/upgrade to data plans.
    That is why.
    Asst Manager at store by me only had 24 in stock and were only selling them to eligible customers.
    Full retail would have to wait a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pheatton View Post
    Something fishy here. I purchased mine retail this morning....
    Hey bud how you enjoying the phone so far?

I have a Moto Droid and highly considering purchasing the Incredible at retail price(ouch I know but it may be worth it). I will be selling my Droid IF I decide to buy the Incredible so hoping to get some feedback on if its worth the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    Hey bud how you enjoying the phone so far?

I have a Moto Droid and highly considering purchasing the Incredible at retail price(ouch I know but it may be worth it). I will be selling my Droid IF I decide to buy the Incredible so hoping to get some feedback on if its worth the switch.
    Well worth it. got mine yesterday. Did a three day action on ebay for the droid. Fetched $350 (with desktop and car docks).

wow, that is really bad. you know, i've been visting my local verizon to check on the eris before the incredible launched, and they are just not the friendliest people. always smug, no smiles on their faces. you ask a question and its like pulling teeth, or you get some lame answer. whenever i call customer service though, they are super helpful.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

SO I just called the store. They were selling only the ones that were on presale from customers before hand. They are expecting another shipment from fedex for the people who were un able to buy the phone at retail.

I will be calling them later tonight to see if they have any left.

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Call and complain to the store manager. You should of got the store manager. Never take crap from no CSR. You get what you want, or at least try getting a manager. They only didnt sell you it because they make more with upgrades or new customers. Go back to the store, talk to that manager. Also call in a complaint to their corporate. You could get some kind of money off your bill or something if you push for it.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Looks like it's a good thing you ordered when you did. They are now out of stock online and their site now says due to high demand they will ship by 5/4.

Called in and they have them in but they don't have any to test out on the floor. Not sure I wanna lay Down 500 bucks on something I can't try.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Well I am still upset but being upset won't get my phone here any sooner. It will get here by 3:00pm tomorrow. Oh well I guess that I just have to live with the poor service that I got from the store. Live and learn. Tomorrow will be a great day, I get the Incredible and the iPad also. Fun day ahead.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast