Constant rebooting. Why?

FreezingD

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Played with the phone at home last night. No problems. Mostly using WIFI connection only. Today on the drive to work the phone rebooted several times. Was not using the phone at all !! At work today it has rebooted at least 5 times, once while I was using YouTube widget.

Thoughts??? Anyone else having this issue??

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Have seen this issue being brought up in various other forums... Looks like there is a bad batch of phones... Sucks to hear ppl having problems with DI's...

SMoskowitz

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for a week and it has rebooted three times on me. I live in NJ and work in NYC. I might wait another week or so to see if it keeps happening before going to my local Verizon store.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Now that there are more DI users out there, I thought I would revive this thread...

I received my phone 4 days ago and haven't really installed a ton of programs (4-5 max). All of them are official apps from the Market (like Google Sky, NY Times, etc). My phone rebooted on day 2 when the battery was almost caput. It also rebooted on day 3 while it was in my pocket and I was playing golf.

The first time I saw it reboot in front of me (I wasn't using any programs, phone was just sitting on the table). The second time I realized it reboot because of the reset "up time"

Anyone else having this issue? I don't care too much as long as it doesn't happen while I am trying to use my phone, but annoying nonetheless.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Now that there are more DI users out there, I thought I would revive this thread...

I received my phone 4 days ago and haven't really installed a ton of programs (4-5 max). All of them are official apps from the Market (like Google Sky, NY Times, etc). My phone rebooted on day 2 when the battery was almost caput. It also rebooted on day 3 while it was in my pocket and I was playing golf.

The first time I saw it reboot in front of me (I wasn't using any programs, phone was just sitting on the table). The second time I realized it reboot because of the reset "up time"

Anyone else having this issue? I don't care too much as long as it doesn't happen while I am trying to use my phone, but annoying nonetheless.

My phone has also been rooting itself at least once a day. I refuse to call vzw because I already know there answer (factory reset) . I sent a email to HTC I will be holding my breath for that response.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have had my INC since release day and it has never re-booted on its own. I have downloaded and played with a lot of apps but currently have about 20 non-native actually being used. I never had a random re-boot on my Storm 1 in the year plus I owned it. While the possibility of a "bad batch" of phones is certainly viable I can't help but think that these re-boots are either 3rd party app or user error related.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had my INC since release day and it has never re-booted on its own. I have downloaded and played with a lot of apps but currently have about 20 non-native actually being used. I never had a random re-boot on my Storm 1 in the year plus I owned it. While the possibility of a "bad batch" of phones is certainly viable I can't help but think that these re-boots are either 3rd party app or user error related.

I would be very interested to hear what type of user error would cause a random reboot? Downloading basic apps from the Market (see above) or setting up a gmail account plus one academic account. This "user error" crap is just that...crap.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I would be very interested to hear what type of user error would cause a random reboot? Downloading basic apps from the Market (see above) or setting up a gmail account plus one academic account. This "user error" crap is just that...crap.

I don't know if I would call it crap. I wouldn't call it user error either though however. I haven't had a random reboot, but like any other computer type device a mix of applications on your phone could be causing conflicts making your phone reboot. Hence the reason Verizon/HTC/Forum members always dish out the factory reset and add one app at a time advice. And most times that seems to fix a lot of issues.

brain228

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I am on my second Inc due to the random rebooting. I am waiting on my third from best buy but no inventory. If the random rebooting happens on my third I will keep returning the Inc until it doesnt happen anymore. I love this phone it has and does everything I want and need. This is the only problem, I can live with it for now.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site

User error can be, I guess, a pretty broad category. Thing is, with so many apps in the marketplace, there is no telling if one or another might not play well with the rest of the class. There are lots of opportunities for things to go rwogn. So, it's not crap: it happens.

FSU Chick

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since 4/30. It had no issues for the first 2 weeks. Then it started rebooting randomly, most often when I would be using the stock browser. Half the time it rebooted itself, it would hang and I would have to pull the battery out to shut it off, then start it back up. It was getting annoying and more frequent, and it all came to a head last friday. It rebooted, and once it was back up, it had deleted all of my settings. Luckily it hadn't yet deleted any of my apps or files. So I quickly backed everything up, and performed a hard reset. Then it started rebooting itself about every 2 mins, whether or not I was actually using it. This time it was freezing each time it was rebooting. After a couple of hours of this nonsense, I was able to keep it up long enough to perform another hard reset. It didn't help at all. So now the phone is unusable. I had to borrow a friend's old BB Curve to tide me over until I get a replacement, which I don't even know when I'm going to get. I'm very disappointed that it's having such an issue. It's an awesome phone otherwise, and I'm looking forward to getting that replacement quickly. =(

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me once now...

I'm assuming some sort of software issue.

If it does it more I'm going to try a hard reset.

Last edited: