Incredible Gmail

sklemp

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

How do you all have your gmail setup?

Right now as I have it, everytime I get an email, it comes to the phone twice. Once in the Mail widget through HTC and once through the Gmail.

All I want is to get my email when it comes to me (no polling every 15 minutes or anything) but also be able to file my email into the different folders that I already have setup.

Any suggestions?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't use the HTC Mail program and the widget. Just use gmail.

The HTC widget, which uses the HTC Mail app, does not support push mail, so you need to poll for mail. The HTC widget does not work with the Gmail app, but so it goes.

You can select which label you want for your messages and then archive them within the Gmail app to store them in Gmail labels (which correspond to folders in most mail systems, though Gmail does allow multiple labels per message.)

sklemp

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, that seems to be fixing it. I couldn't figure out how to move stuff to my Lables and get them out of my inbox. Took a while to figure out that all it had to do was check the label I wanted and uncheck the Inbox label.

Thanks again,

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I also found in the app store a number of notifiers that will show a count of how many emails are there.

Anyone know if one will make the LED flash different colors?

Anyone know if the trackball will light up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21