1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Youmail

If there is already a thread on youmail then I apologize...got tired of looking...Is anyone having an issue using youmail with their Incredible...I'm not receiving txt messages letting me know I have voicemail, however when I changed the setting to email alerts, I am getting an email notifying me of voicemails but the messages are not being downloaded to my phone I have to actually go to Youmail's website to hear the message...I didn't have this problem using the app with the IPhone nor the Droid Eris...Youmail support says the problem lies on my carrier's side and Verizon says they don't support third party apps...any help would be appreciated...this app is way cool and it beats paying $2.99 a month for Verizon's visual voicemail.

do whatever you have to do and get a Google Voice invite
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've done some reading on Google Voice, it seems like a nice app...I've requested an invite through that site...I hope it doesn't take long...I'm used to seeing my voicemails and picking which ones I want to listen to...thx for the tip.

Google voice is great. I use it to handle all of my voicemails. Much better than youmail. Also great at virtual voicemail too. The one thing that I did like about youmail was the amount of different sound responses on the website that you could use for each caller. With gv you have to record it yourself and doesn't allow you to upload a sound file. But gv is solid and never has problems like youmail. If you can't get an invite, I would buy one off of ebay. It's that good. I had 5 invites and gave them all away months ago and never got a fresh set of invites.