Random rebooting while driving

bss

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting this? For no reason, my DI will reboot several times on the way from home to work, just sitting in my car. Not touching it, running anything, etc. Only seems to happen when I'm moving, never had a random reboot when in one location.

rijc99#WN

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Exchange it asap. Don't wait.

But make sure to ask what happens if you exchange it for a different unit. I remember Verizon used to allow one swap within the trial period after which if you had to swap again you were done and can no longer back out of the contract. It may be different now. But I'd ask.

Last edited:

JustinTiburon#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Exchange it asap. Don't wait.

But make sure to ask what happens if you exchange it for a different unit. I remember Verizon used to allow one swap within the trial period after which if you had to swap again you were done and can no longer back out of the contract. It may be different now. But I'd ask.

What???? If the phone is defective it doesn't count towards anything.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, are you in NC? On AF, the majority of the people having this same issue were from NC. It was very odd.

cookeb

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
In NC also. My co-worker got one yesterday morning and it had the re-boot issue. He swapped it out yesterday afternoon (same store) and the new one seems to be better. I went by my agent store yesterday afternoon to pick up one they had for me. It started rebooting before I could even put in my account info. Grabbed another one and it rebooted before even activating it. There was a guy in the store that had pre-ordered his and it was doing the same thing. Heck even my Droid rebooted on the way home (moto). I think it must have caught whatever kind of Android Flu the Incredible has. :D