Incredible Gets Warm/Hot to the touch

SMoskowitz

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello --

I noticed when I am using data services (internet, Facebook, etc) the phone really seems to heat up. It seems to get significantly warmer when using these services then if it is not.

Does anyone else's phone get warmer when using data plan services?

Thanks

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you're not alone!! Mine is brand new (about a day old) and it gets VERY warm. Basically becomes a heating pad when I keep it in my pocket for 15 minutes or so. Don't know if this is normal with a phone with this processing power, but must admit that I'm not thrilled. Also seems that the heating shortens the battery life, as my 8 hours of life has now shortened to 4 or 5...

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep, you're not alone!! Mine is brand new (about a day old) and it gets VERY warm. Basically becomes a heating pad when I keep it in my pocket for 15 minutes or so. Don't know if this is normal with a phone with this processing power, but must admit that I'm not thrilled. Also seems that the heating shortens the battery life, as my 8 hours of life has now shortened to 4 or 5...

You don't say?

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
mine gets a bit warm. i am not worried though. when i had my rooted droid i would constantly be worrying about how hot it would get. on a stock phone there is no reason to worry. if it burns up, it'll be a warranty issue.

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
There's an incredible amount of processing power behind these latest Android devices. It's normal for them to get very warm during use and charging.

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
^^^

That was also my thought. I mean we're talking about a 1GHZ processor here - and no fan to cool it!! My concern, however, was that some users (see link above) are absolutely adamant that it should not heat up, and that if it does so, it will trash the battery...

rb68

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
^^^

Not sure how it's possible for the processor to NOT heat up. You're absolutely right, 1 ghz and no fan to move air over it.

egobuster1

May 3, 2010
Visit site
the getting hot is normal to certain point i mean it could over heat but its nothing you can do about it..as for charging your phone and suing it at the same time that can cause excessive strain or swelling to the battery which is not good at all

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
mine overheated while doing nothing but charging.

in a breezy car with the ambient temp around 74F.

i really doubt that it's supposed to do that.

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
yeah.. laptops get warm with just 1 processor and a fan..

heck even TVs can get warm from their big screens.

a 1ghz processor (remember back in the day when computers were only like 600mhz), with no fan is destined to get hot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20