Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Incredible Gets Warm/Hot to the touch

Hello --

I noticed when I am using data services (internet, Facebook, etc) the phone really seems to heat up. It seems to get significantly warmer when using these services then if it is not.

Does anyone else's phone get warmer when using data plan services?

Thanks

Yep, you're not alone!! Mine is brand new (about a day old) and it gets VERY warm. Basically becomes a heating pad when I keep it in my pocket for 15 minutes or so. Don't know if this is normal with a phone with this processing power, but must admit that I'm not thrilled. Also seems that the heating shortens the battery life, as my 8 hours of life has now shortened to 4 or 5...

i noticed it as i used it while charging. i'll need to take the case off and see if the same is happens.

On Twitter: @charliemoreno On Facebook: facebook.com/charliem

Quote Originally Posted by rosariorose9 View Post
    Yep, you're not alone!! Mine is brand new (about a day old) and it gets VERY warm. Basically becomes a heating pad when I keep it in my pocket for 15 minutes or so. Don't know if this is normal with a phone with this processing power, but must admit that I'm not thrilled. Also seems that the heating shortens the battery life, as my 8 hours of life has now shortened to 4 or 5...
    You don't say?
    Verizon Wireless Sales NE-WBV
    Motorola Droid Pro (all work)
    Samsung Fascinate (All play)
    Rooted:
    Dj05 w/Dj05 SuperDark, ran with StupidFast 12.19.10

mine gets a bit warm. i am not worried though. when i had my rooted droid i would constantly be worrying about how hot it would get. on a stock phone there is no reason to worry. if it burns up, it'll be a warranty issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post
    You don't say?
    LOL
    10char

Every Smartphone I have ever had gets hot with alot of use, this isn't unusual!

There's an incredible amount of processing power behind these latest Android devices. It's normal for them to get very warm during use and charging.

^^^

That was also my thought. I mean we're talking about a 1GHZ processor here - and no fan to cool it!! My concern, however, was that some users (see link above) are absolutely adamant that it should not heat up, and that if it does so, it will trash the battery...

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

^^^

Not sure how it's possible for the processor to NOT heat up. You're absolutely right, 1 ghz and no fan to move air over it.

Mine is 112 fahrenheit, is this normal? Seems a bit hot. although I am charging it while syncing things.
    Roy Aguilera

It is normal.

the getting hot is normal to certain point i mean it could over heat but its nothing you can do about it..as for charging your phone and suing it at the same time that can cause excessive strain or swelling to the battery which is not good at all

mine overheated while doing nothing but charging.

in a breezy car with the ambient temp around 74F.

i really doubt that it's supposed to do that.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure my laptop gets warm when I browse the internet too.

yeah.. laptops get warm with just 1 processor and a fan..

heck even TVs can get warm from their big screens.

a 1ghz processor (remember back in the day when computers were only like 600mhz), with no fan is destined to get hot