Can't get alarm to sound

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 alarms set up for various times of the day. Like my wakeup alarm is setup to 7:30 a.m. weekday mornings. I have the alarm sound as a music ringtone file, and I have it also set to vibrate. I did not hear my alarm sound off at all, and was not in a deep sleep. Has anyone else had a problem with their alarms not sounding? I didn't try it with a sound file instead of a music file, but that shouldn't matter I'm thinking. Any suggestions for a fix or for another alarm app that does work for sure? Thanks for your help.

paul386

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My alarm didn't wake me up this morning but when I tested it last night it worked fine. Perhaps I was in a really deep sleep and don't remember doing that (I do that often) but I don't remember doing it.

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem, had the alarm set for 6AM and it never went off, i was almost late for work.

Same deal here. Mine never went off. Luckily, I was so antsy to get up and play with the phone, I was already awake. I just assumed that since I had my phone turned to silent for the night, that is why.

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't recreate the not sounding alarm with mp3 music file as I just tried my alarm like a couple minutes ago. Once without it plugged in and once plugged in, and the mp3 sounded both times. Not sure what was different that caused it not to go off this mornin' though. Very weird.

Mikedaub: There's an option for the alarm to sound regardless of whether you're in silent mode or not. Look for it under Menu, settings when you're in the alarm program.

Will look for that Better Alarm in case this happens again. Thanks for the 411 dmb.