- 05-18-2010, 05:36 PM #126
- 05-21-2010, 10:35 AM #127
- 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM #128
- 374 Posts
- JB 4.1.1
- 05-21-2010, 08:20 PM #129
- 05-23-2010, 11:07 PM #130
- 05-25-2010, 02:27 AM #131
- 05-27-2010, 10:22 AM #132
- 05-27-2010, 03:00 PM #133
- 05-28-2010, 01:47 PM #134
My work email is powered by google and the server is mail.turningwinds.com but I cannot get either the htc mail app or k-9 to connect to the server. I just get the message "cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding." I have followed the instructions in this thread and on the Verizon site. What am I doing wrong?
- 05-30-2010, 11:20 AM #135
- 05-30-2010, 09:01 PM #136
- 42 Posts
I have not been successful in linking my INC to my company's Exchange server, even though I'm past the authentication stage. It authenticates with my user name, etc. but once I ask it to synch up my email, contacts or calendar, it says "processing" for a few minutes, then gives me this error:
"Failed to create the account. Please try again later".
Meanwhile, Touchdown works flawlessly. I would like to use the native email app. Any ideas? Thanks
- 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM #137
- 183 Posts
- 06-02-2010, 09:26 AM #138
- 06-03-2010, 10:53 AM #139
- 9 Posts
Huge relief Edit! So I discovered you have to ensure you have enabled Auto-sync. At some point I must have disabled it. So there ya go. I hope this helps anyone else having this problem!
To get to Auto-sync:
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Auto-sync (make sure the box is checked)
- 06-05-2010, 08:01 AM #140
- 43 Posts
New evo owner here hoping you guys can help me out since the phones are very similar. So i have exchange through my company setup and im a little confused. Everything seems to be synced up fine except lets say i check my exchange email on my pc and delete messages from my inbox. When i go to my evo i still have notifications that i have unread mail and when i go to my inbox i have to manually refresh for those to now delete from my phone. I have the setting checked to refresh when opening folder as well. I have it setup to sync as items arrive. I thought if i had a notification on my phone and went on a pc and deleted the email the notification would now go away? Is this how it is supposed to work? Thanks.
- 06-05-2010, 06:43 PM #141
- 06-10-2010, 04:37 PM #142
- 06-11-2010, 12:58 PM #143
- 47 Posts
When I review an email, and then delete it (menu - delete), it automatically opens the next message in the queue. Is it possible to go back to my inbox instead? This is using the stock email to check POP mail from my home ISP.
I know, it's really minor, and it's just one extra click to get back to my inbox, but if I can change it, I'd like to. I can't find any setting about this, but maybe I'm just missing it.
I thought I would miss push email (which in recent months, has been the only redeeming feature of my BB Curve), but it doesn't bother me at all. This phone rocks!
- 06-16-2010, 12:16 AM #144
Found a way to get around paying for yahoo to forward emails. Go to your account settings>Set language, site, and time zone>YahooAsia Apparently yahoo doesn't charge for forwarding if you live in Asia.... You can set up your mail to forward to gmail to get push emails now =)
- 06-25-2010, 09:31 AM #145
Folders don't update using Exchange Active Sync
OK, I scanned the whole thread, and I don't think I see this issue. So here goes...
I have Active Sync with Exchange for my work email. Works mostly great. I get all the emails in the Inbox quickly, and I do see all my folders. But here is where it gets strange...
1. The individual folders to not automatically download emails. They only fill when I actually open that folder. This seems odd to me - why would it not download emails in those folders, just as it does in Inbox or Sent Items? This is highly problematic for me, as I have Outlook rules set up to send messages to certain folders that are meaningful for me, and it seems absurd to have to click on a dozen different folders each time I want to see what is in them. Anything I can do to get this to work properly?
2. This is a known issue I think, but, is there a way to get the notifications (green circle on the mail icon) to come up for emails in the folders other than Inbox? I saw earlier someone said it doesn't do this, but I am wondering if there is an app or setting to do so.
Thanks in advance!
- 06-30-2010, 04:20 PM #146
Adding another problem with email with this phone, seeing if anyone else has had this...
If you try to send an email, and you don't have data service at your location at that moment, it tells you connection failed, and you don't have the opportunity to send it anyway. With my previous BB, and with iPhones (asking users), if you hit send, it will start trying to send it anyway, until it goes. This seems to be the better way for it to work. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to get it to do that?
- 07-01-2010, 01:47 AM #147
- 07-01-2010, 01:49 AM #148HTC Droid Incredible>.> HTC Thunderbolt>.> HTC Rezound
- 07-01-2010, 02:10 AM #149
- 07-01-2010, 09:53 AM #150