Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    BravoX RC2 by BandroidX

I have been trying to gfigure out the following but to no avail:

1) how do you select multiple items? multiple emails to delete is the main thing, i get these annoying notifications from mail security about viruses, etc and i like to keep them deleted, they usually come in batches of a few. one at a time, having to wait a second for the long press on each is annoying and cumbersome and i am convinced i am missing something.

2) how to disable capacitive buttons when playing games? ARGH! How many times i cant tell you i have messed up a hand of poker by brushing my hand on the buttons which are soooo sensitive and losing a pair of aces with a flop of 2 aces kind of thing!

3) A gesture to switch between browser windows? i figured swipe left and right made sense but HTC didnt. no pun intended.

4) Possible to call contacts using voice dial some how? it seems like long press of the search cap button works in rare occasions but few and far between.

I cant think of the rest. thanks.

Bandroid- 1. I found that when you're in mail, press menu and the delete option comes up. press that, then select the mails you want to have deleted... that should solve that issue.
    2. I have NO idea.
    3. Hit the menu button again when browsing, then select windows and you'll get smaller ones to select from. Dunno if that answers your issue...
    4. I tried the voice dial app, used it to call anyone in my contacts... it worked... not sure if it's the same feature you're using?

Default Saving a custom scene...

Ok, I made a custom scene, and saved it with a name, however when I turned off my phone and then turned it back on again, it disappeared and came up with a mutated version of my original scene. Any tips?

Also, how do I delete saved scenes that are either mutated, or that I am not using anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7 View Post
    one question. what is the exhange domain name mean?
    It's the of your Exchange server. For example: myexchangeserver.mycompanyname.com.
    I know this is two months late, but I wanted to point out that this is generally true, but not always. I work with a large university and our FQDN is in the format of "OWASERVERNAME.UNIVERSITYNAME.EDU", but our domain is literally "AD", which is short for "Active Directory". This is likely only going to affect about 1% of users, but it's enough that it may be useful to someone.

Along the same lines, be sure the email address you are entering is not an . My username is my last name plus my first and middle initials, but if you were to send and email to my , I would still get it, however, if I use as my assigned email address, the ActiveSync setup will fail.
    Previous phones: BlackBerry Storm 1, Droid Incredible - RIP May 24, 2011
    Current phone: HTC Thunderbolt
    Dropbox - free secure online storage. Sign up here and get a 250MB bonus.

Default Searching Exchange Mail

Quote Originally Posted by junipertodd View Post
    Yes, you can.
    Can you explain how to do this?

I am using Android 2.2 on my Nexus One. I use the standard Android email app to connect to my company Exchange server via ActiveSync. All that works.

When I attempt a search (from the home screen or within the email app), the options are web, contacts or (text) messages. There seems to be no way to search Exchange email.

ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by JWadle View Post
    Can you explain how to do this?

I am using Android 2.2 on my Nexus One. I use the standard Android email app to connect to my company Exchange server via ActiveSync. All that works.

When I attempt a search (from the home screen or within the email app), the options are web, contacts or (text) messages. There seems to be no way to search Exchange email.
    Im using 2.1 on my Hero. I open the mail app, hit the search button (magnifying glass) and type in my query. it then only shows me the emails that have that keyword in them.

OK, I've looked and can't find the answer. This has started recently on my htc droid incredible. My gmail works just fine sending and receiving emails. However, my POP email recently has stopped sending and receiving emails. It seems like it works find when I'm at home connected to my wifi just doesn't work when I'm on the verizon network. any ideas?

Default Exchange Active Sync Company Lookup Issue

I am having an issue using the "Company Lookup" feature with Exchange Active Sync on my Incredible. Every lookup I do creates a new contact for the person I look up. I am using Exchange 2007. Is this normal behavior? Is there a setting that controls this? I would prefer to not have this happen.

Thanks for any help or information you can provide.

Yahoo Mail FAQ:
    *****Update on WiFi Access (thanks iman)***

When you add a new account, select IMAP under the protocol menu>enter your email>enter your user name which is your email>enter your password>for IMAP server enter: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com>security type is SSL>server port is 993

then hit next

for SMTP server enter android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com>security type will be SSL> server port will be 465

Now your email will sync even if wifi is on.
    I have followed these instructions on an HTC Aria with stock 2.1 and i get the error "Login Failed". When I toggle off wifi, it works fine. Any suggestions (other than keep wifi off, and use the yahoo app?)

Default Yahoo Mail

When I send email through Yahoo Mail the recipient will get the same email over and over again. Only thing that will stop it is to uninstall and reinstall again. Any suggestion anybody Thanks

Default Deleting Emails?

I am using a pop3 mail account. When i delete emails on my incredible they are moved to the trash folder. Is there a way to "empty" my trash folder without having to hit menu>delete and then clicking on individual emails?

Second, i use outlook on my pc. I can move emails into folders i create ala advertising, family and other such things. Is there a mail app i can create folders and move emails to those folders to save and look up quickly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volleygod View Post
    I am using a pop3 mail account. When i delete emails on my incredible they are moved to the trash folder. Is there a way to "empty" my trash folder without having to hit menu>delete and then clicking on individual emails?

Second, i use outlook on my pc. I can move emails into folders i create ala advertising, family and other such things. Is there a mail app i can create folders and move emails to those folders to save and look up quickly?

Thanks
    Have you considered using IMAP instead of POP? IMAP is better for multi-device email use where you want everything to look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Have you considered using IMAP instead of POP? IMAP is better for multi-device email use where you want everything to look the same.
    Does Comcast support IMAP and will this allow me to make folders or does it just mimic my setup on my computer?

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volleygod View Post
    Does Comcast support IMAP?
    Ditto. I would love to not have to keep going to Comcast directly to delete the emails a second time.

Former Blackberry User FAQ:

Question:

Does Android offer a unified Inbox similar to Blackberry?

Answer:

No it does not. This may seem disorienting and/or frustrating at first, but after continued use, most uses adjust without any problems.
    Can an application like Touchdown solve this problem?

I have 100+ folders under my Inbox that I automatically route messages to. Not being able to see these messages unless I go to each individual folder is not a workable solution.

Any help or suggestions (other than don't do that) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George

Im new to android platform. I have a question, I recently set up 2 yahoo email account on my phone on 1 of the home screens. When I would get and email in one of the accounts I would get a little green number 1 on the lower left hand side of the email screen. But for some reason it doesnt show up anymore. Is there a reason for this or a way to fix this?
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Seidio Innocase Rugged

Default Email notification

Is there any way to get email notification on the Incredible for all folders, not just the top-level inbox? I use Exchange, and I have to open every folder to check if I have new email. There's got to be a better way!

Thanks.

Ok, im a noob with this email stuff, and the answer might be here but im not sure i understand what i need/reading.

I have a school email account, it runs through microsoft live... @live.(schoolname).edu

I cant seem to get it to work. Sorry if this should not be posted here

ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by johnearcher View Post
    Is there any way to get email notification on the Incredible for all folders, not just the top-level inbox? I use Exchange, and I have to open every folder to check if I have new email. There's got to be a better way!

Thanks.
    Are you using froyo? I am and i get a notification for every folder. I do not want to see every folder all the time so i opened folders, long press and toggle sync. Hope this helps!

ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
    Ok, im a noob with this email stuff, and the answer might be here but im not sure i understand what i need/reading.

I have a school email account, it runs through microsoft live... @live.(schoolname).edu

I cant seem to get it to work. Sorry if this should not be posted here
    You may want to ask the Admin at your school. I tried setting up my email and it had to be done manually. for server i needed mail.companyname.com and for domain i needed companyname.org
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Please tell me I won't lose swype with the froyo update!

Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    You may want to ask the Admin at your school. I tried setting up my email and it had to be done manually. for server i needed mail.companyname.com and for domain i needed companyname.org
    well that makes me sad....dang it!

I've seen the write up for the incoming/outgoing settings for Gmail, yahoo, etc, but what about bellsouth accounts? I think bellsouth was bought by att and has some involvment with yahoo, but my email address is still *********@bellsouth.net. I've been getting my incoming fine, but can't set up my outgoing to allow me to send. Any advice for the settings for outgoing messages?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by moore999 View Post
    I've seen the write up for the incoming/outgoing settings for Gmail, yahoo, etc, but what about bellsouth accounts? I think bellsouth was bought by att and has some involvment with yahoo, but my email address is still *********@bellsouth.net. I've been getting my incoming fine, but can't set up my outgoing to allow me to send. Any advice for the settings for outgoing messages?

Thanks!
    Solution here. Scroll down to the bottom. Worked for me!!!

Basically, this is what I did:
    Incoming mail server type: POP3
    Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
    Incoming User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net, no spaces please, just trying to avoid posting an email)
    Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked

Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com, with authentication (same user and password as POP)
    Outgoing User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net)
    Outgoing mail port # 465, secure connection (SSL) checked

I was connected to wifi at the time I set it up.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Roadrunner/Time-Warner POP Account Settings ?

Anyone had success setting up their POP email account thru this ISP ?

-- I'm using Outlook 2010
    -- email address is
    -- Incoming Server is: pop-server.nc.rr.com
    -- Outgoing server is: smtp-server.nc.rr.com

I've had a BlackBerry for almost 4 years and email just works - why doesn't Android OS set up & handle POP email as simply and reliably as BIS ??

(Sorry for the rant - I love the Droid Inc w/ widgets & browser but this email fubar has me so totally frustrated that I may have to go to the Storm 2....)
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast