- 07-02-2010, 04:13 AM #151
I have been trying to gfigure out the following but to no avail:
1) how do you select multiple items? multiple emails to delete is the main thing, i get these annoying notifications from mail security about viruses, etc and i like to keep them deleted, they usually come in batches of a few. one at a time, having to wait a second for the long press on each is annoying and cumbersome and i am convinced i am missing something.
2) how to disable capacitive buttons when playing games? ARGH! How many times i cant tell you i have messed up a hand of poker by brushing my hand on the buttons which are soooo sensitive and losing a pair of aces with a flop of 2 aces kind of thing!
3) A gesture to switch between browser windows? i figured swipe left and right made sense but HTC didnt. no pun intended.
4) Possible to call contacts using voice dial some how? it seems like long press of the search cap button works in rare occasions but few and far between.
I cant think of the rest. thanks.
- 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM #152
Bandroid- 1. I found that when you're in mail, press menu and the delete option comes up. press that, then select the mails you want to have deleted... that should solve that issue.
2. I have NO idea.
3. Hit the menu button again when browsing, then select windows and you'll get smaller ones to select from. Dunno if that answers your issue...
4. I tried the voice dial app, used it to call anyone in my contacts... it worked... not sure if it's the same feature you're using?
- 07-02-2010, 09:27 AM #153
Saving a custom scene...
Ok, I made a custom scene, and saved it with a name, however when I turned off my phone and then turned it back on again, it disappeared and came up with a mutated version of my original scene. Any tips?
Also, how do I delete saved scenes that are either mutated, or that I am not using anymore?
- 07-07-2010, 03:55 PM #154
- 125 Posts
Along the same lines, be sure the email address you are entering is not an email alias. My username is my last name plus my first and middle initials, but if you were to send and email to my firstname.lastname@example.org, I would still get it, however, if I use email@example.com as my assigned email address, the ActiveSync setup will fail.
- 07-08-2010, 12:14 PM #155
- 4 Posts
Searching Exchange Mail
I am using Android 2.2 on my Nexus One. I use the standard Android email app to connect to my company Exchange server via ActiveSync. All that works.
When I attempt a search (from the home screen or within the email app), the options are web, contacts or (text) messages. There seems to be no way to search Exchange email.
- 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM #156
- 07-09-2010, 10:32 AM #157
OK, I've looked and can't find the answer. This has started recently on my htc droid incredible. My gmail works just fine sending and receiving emails. However, my POP email recently has stopped sending and receiving emails. It seems like it works find when I'm at home connected to my wifi just doesn't work when I'm on the verizon network. any ideas?
- 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM #158
- 1 Posts
Exchange Active Sync Company Lookup Issue
I am having an issue using the "Company Lookup" feature with Exchange Active Sync on my Incredible. Every lookup I do creates a new contact for the person I look up. I am using Exchange 2007. Is this normal behavior? Is there a setting that controls this? I would prefer to not have this happen.
Thanks for any help or information you can provide.
- 07-13-2010, 08:20 PM #159
- 07-13-2010, 10:37 PM #160
- 07-22-2010, 01:14 PM #161
I am using a pop3 mail account. When i delete emails on my incredible they are moved to the trash folder. Is there a way to "empty" my trash folder without having to hit menu>delete and then clicking on individual emails?
Second, i use outlook on my pc. I can move emails into folders i create ala advertising, family and other such things. Is there a mail app i can create folders and move emails to those folders to save and look up quickly?
- 07-22-2010, 04:37 PM #162
- 07-23-2010, 02:55 PM #163
- 07-23-2010, 05:56 PM #164
- 07-31-2010, 09:49 AM #165
- 16 Posts
I have 100+ folders under my Inbox that I automatically route messages to. Not being able to see these messages unless I go to each individual folder is not a workable solution.
Any help or suggestions (other than don't do that) would be greatly appreciated.
- 08-14-2010, 05:13 PM #166
- 15 Posts
Im new to android platform. I have a question, I recently set up 2 yahoo email account on my phone on 1 of the home screens. When I would get and email in one of the accounts I would get a little green number 1 on the lower left hand side of the email screen. But for some reason it doesnt show up anymore. Is there a reason for this or a way to fix this?
- 08-24-2010, 07:46 AM #167
- 08-26-2010, 11:59 AM #168
Ok, im a noob with this email stuff, and the answer might be here but im not sure i understand what i need/reading.
I have a school email account, it runs through microsoft live... @live.(schoolname).edu
I cant seem to get it to work. Sorry if this should not be posted here
- 08-26-2010, 05:10 PM #169
- 08-26-2010, 05:13 PM #170
- 08-26-2010, 08:47 PM #171
- 08-26-2010, 08:54 PM #172
- 09-01-2010, 01:37 PM #173
- 2 Posts
I've seen the write up for the incoming/outgoing settings for Gmail, yahoo, etc, but what about bellsouth accounts? I think bellsouth was bought by att and has some involvment with yahoo, but my email address is still *********@bellsouth.net. I've been getting my incoming fine, but can't set up my outgoing to allow me to send. Any advice for the settings for outgoing messages?
- 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM #174
- 6 Posts
Bellsouth Email Settings? - Android Forums
Basically, this is what I did:
Incoming mail server type: POP3
Incoming (POP): pop.att.yahoo.com
Incoming User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net, no spaces please, just trying to avoid posting an email)
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked
Outgoing (SMTP): smtp.att.yahoo.com, with authentication (same user and password as POP)
Outgoing User Name: Full AT&T email address, including domain (e.g. yourname @ bellsouth.net)
Outgoing mail port # 465, secure connection (SSL) checked
I was connected to wifi at the time I set it up.
- 11-17-2010, 04:14 PM #175
Roadrunner/Time-Warner POP Account Settings ?
Anyone had success setting up their POP email account thru this ISP ?
-- I'm using Outlook 2010
-- email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
-- Incoming Server is: pop-server.nc.rr.com
-- Outgoing server is: smtp-server.nc.rr.com
I've had a BlackBerry for almost 4 years and email just works - why doesn't Android OS set up & handle POP email as simply and reliably as BIS ??
(Sorry for the rant - I love the Droid Inc w/ widgets & browser but this email fubar has me so totally frustrated that I may have to go to the Storm 2....)