Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Copy from email

I have had my dinc now since it came out. It is my first android device and I do love it. However the one frustration I have coming from a blackberry is no copy and paste from emails.

Is this possible to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

ROM
    Rooted - Liquid ICS v1.5

Quote Originally Posted by judeism View Post
    I have had my dinc now since it came out. It is my first android device and I do love it. However the one frustration I have coming from a blackberry is no copy and paste from emails.

Is this possible to do? Thanks in advance for any help.
    I copy and paste from an email all the time in the native mail app...just long press on a word that you want to copy and you'll get two lil dots, one on top of the word and one on the bottom. Move the top dot if you want to copy more to the left and above the word you highlighted and move the bottom dot if you want to copy to the right and below of the word. Once you've highlighted what you want to copy, tap on the lil note/clipboard symbol above the highlight section and you've copied it to the clipboard. Where you wanna paste it, just long press and tap paste

I asked this a couple months ago and never got a response. I'm now using activsync for my Hotmail account and I'm really liking the fact that I don't have to re-delete crap off the computer (that was really my only issue). However, I really want to just have the activsync icon on my desktop instead of going through the messaging icon and then finding it in there (two clicks instead of one). I use Chomp for texts, so I don't need the text messaging icon in there, either.

1. Is there a way to just put the ActivSync icon on my desktop?

2. Alternatively, can I remove Text Messaging from the Messaging app?

And I know this is in the DInc forum and I'm asking about a DX, but I thought maybe someone might have a clue as to what I could do.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wildo6882; 12-13-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how I can have two gmail accounts pushed to my phone? We just switched over to google from exchange at work, and I need both personal and work email pushed.

Thanks,

Brandon
    Curve 8330->Storm 9530->Incredible->Galaxy Nexus

The Android Gmail app, is not that great when it comes to copy and paste. In the Android Gmail app, copy and paste will not allow you to select the entire text in a email, if you have to scroll down.

I use gmail and have noticed whenever i am trying to send a text, the 'to' field is cluttered with tons of email contacts. How can I stop the phone from automatically suggesting email addresses as recipients?

Quote Originally Posted by igotadroid View Post
    I use gmail and have noticed whenever i am trying to send a text, the 'to' field is cluttered with tons of email contacts. How can I stop the phone from automatically suggesting email addresses as recipients?
    Yeah, I notice this as well, even after I make my pick from one of the selections. All the suggested addresses stay on the screen, blocking the rest of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    Yeah, I notice this as well, even after I make my pick from one of the selections. All the suggested addresses stay on the screen, blocking the rest of the screen.
    Alright I managed to figure it out on my own. Go into the People app, open the menu and select View. Next check off the 'show auto gmail contacts' option. Now return to People to show the list of all your phone contacts which now includes all those email addresses that keep popping up. Now open the menu and select 'delete' and go through the list and delete each email address.

Quote Originally Posted by igotadroid View Post
    Alright I managed to figure it out on my own. Go into the People app, open the menu and select View. Next check off the 'show auto gmail contacts' option. Now return to People to show the list of all your phone contacts which now includes all those email addresses that keep popping up. Now open the menu and select 'delete' and go through the list and delete each email address.
    But doesn't that delete all your email addresses? I like having it suggest email addresses, but I don't want it to continue to suggest the addresses after I have made a selection.

Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    But doesn't that delete all your email addresses? I like having it suggest email addresses, but I don't want it to continue to suggest the addresses after I have made a selection.
    Yeah but you can always store important email addresses in your contact list like how you store phone contacts.

Default Re: Email FAQ (Updated 7/10/2010) and Q & A Thread

I found this thread because I am having some sync issues with my Yahoo mail on a RAZR. So many of the threads with Yahoo mail help list menu options and settings that aren't on the RAZR (at least that I have found so far). The options and settings seem very limited.

My basic issue is that I don't always get my mail in real time and I can't figure out what the problem is. Sometimes I get it but more often I have to actually open the email app (which will show nothing new for a few seconds and then new mail starts coming in, some that were sent over an hour earlier.) I use the Yahoo mail app.

Any further guidance is appreciated. I'm new to Android coming from BB. Thanks.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLanae View Post
    I found this thread because I am having some sync issues with my Yahoo mail on a RAZR. So many of the threads with Yahoo mail help list menu options and settings that aren't on the RAZR (at least that I have found so far). The options and settings seem very limited.

My basic issue is that I don't always get my mail in real time and I can't figure out what the problem is. Sometimes I get it but more often I have to actually open the email app (which will show nothing new for a few seconds and then new mail starts coming in, some that were sent over an hour earlier.) I use the Yahoo mail app.

Welcome to Android!! I'm a reformed BB person too!

Sorry to hear your having problems. You may want to try and use the native email app rather than Yahoo's own propriatary app.

Also, you might want to move this post over to the "RAZR" forum as this is the HTC Incredible forum. Many of us (myself included) don't have a RAZR and I've never even touched one so getting the right answers in this particular forum might be difficult.

Good luck!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLanae View Post

Yahoo also has a mail app in the market. Have you tried that?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678