duplicate email notifications

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
So I'm having a problem. About half the time I get an email, I get two notifications for it. One is that I have a new email, and the other is the actual email. It's not a huge deal, but it can get annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone know how to fix it?

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
be sure if you're using Gmail that you only use one application to check and push them.

there's the gmail app and there's the HTC email app. If you set up both you'll get two notifications as I found out.
I prefer Gmail so I removed my accounts from the HTC one.

briandap

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think there is a notification setting - email - menu - more - settings - notification settings

I was just about to ask this question, and this worked. I had to open Gmail and turn off Notifications, as well as with Messages since I was using Handcent (which I just uninstaller, brings me back to my iPhone days *quiver*)

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use both gmail app and HTC mail widget . Just turn off the notifications in gmail app and on in the HTC mail. I also set my update rate in the HTC one to manual. This way gmail is still push , one icon in the notification bar , and when u view your mail in HTC mail then it is updated. Takes about 5 seconds for the new mail to show up but saves a lot of battery life.

t33johnson

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Here is what worked for me. Go in to gmail to settings:
Account > Labels to notify

I had both Priority Inbox and Inbox sending notifications. Uncheck one of them and the duplicates are gone.

I think I had both because I have two gmail accounts receiving emails on my phone.

Amy Atwell

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Here is what worked for me. Go in to gmail to settings:
Account > Labels to notify

I had both Priority Inbox and Inbox sending notifications. Uncheck one of them and the duplicates are gone.

I think I had both because I have two gmail accounts receiving emails on my phone.

I also have Hotmail and Yahoo accounts sync. Help me set up what to sync for each account thus preventing duplicate emails as well.

March1

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Is this in the mobile gmail app? I have the same problem but don't see Account > Labels to notify.. Can you give me a tiny bit more info? I looked both on web based gmail and the mobile app...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary