Battery life not lasting? Your fix is in here

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
seems that helped a bit. i have been playing with this for about 2hrs straight and only half a battery now. gps is also turned off and the wifi. 3g in my apt here is fast.

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Wait, we are in a Droid Incredible thread correct? I read every post here, Turned my Incredible on just now, Menu/Settings/Wireless Networks/Mobile Network-- Checked by default as the post said, I unchecked it and right away my 3G icon went away from my task bar. Clicked the Internet icon and it said "connection failed" Must be connected to network to use internet...

** Disregard**

Last edited:

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait, we are in a Droid Incredible thread correct? I read every post here, Turned my Incredible on just now, Menu/Settings/Wireless Networks/Mobile Network-- Checked by default as the post said, I unchecked it and right away my 3G icon went away from my task bar. Clicked the Internet icon and it said "connection failed" Must be connected to network to use internet... So as far at the Incredible goes, unless your using WiFi only this post is a fail.

I have an Incredible and I am unable to replicate your problems after disabling the option this thread is about. I think you may be doing something wrong, or have a setting enabled/disabled that we don't...

EDIT: I just thought of something. Perhaps you're in an area that requires connectivity to a tertiary network that this setting allows you to pass data through? Try it in a more populated area, if that's the case. You may be one of the few that needs the setting enabled to retain network connectivity.

Last edited:

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it was related but my weather stopped updating for a minute. I had GPS off which I normally do when I'm in the house picked up the phone and the HTC Clock/Weather widget was only showing the clock. Clicked on the weather portion and it showed no connection available.

Went to my connections and turned on GPS and my weather started working fine. Does the weather widget only use GPS to figure out your location or does it also use cell tower triangulation? If so this might be one way that it will affect the phone but again not positive I will have to try it again later as my weather only updates every few hours.

Either way if this improves battery life I could care less.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning, unplugged my phone from the charger, battery displayed 99%. Used the phone for a couple minutes checking my facebook, mail, etc. Look at the battery life a second time (about 3 minutes later), bam. 88%. What. the. ****.

Anyways I tried:
Menu
Settings
Accounts and Sync
Background Data = off

Weather won't update, test emails to my gmail weren't getting notifications unless I manually checked it. Definitely going to need a different "fix", than this proposed one.

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well my battery life has been better and I didn't experience the problem with Gmail not updating. Only weather had an issue.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning, unplugged my phone from the charger, battery displayed 99%. Used the phone for a couple minutes checking my facebook, mail, etc. Look at the battery life a second time (about 3 minutes later), bam. 88%. What. the. ****.

Anyways I tried:
Menu
Settings
Accounts and Sync
Background Data = off

Weather won't update, test emails to my gmail weren't getting notifications unless I manually checked it. Definitely going to need a different "fix", than this proposed one.

that's not good!:eek:

in for solutions

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just followed the instructions of the OP. Everything seems to be OK. I'll be watching this thread, for sure. There has definitely been a significant battery drain on my Incredible since I got it, hopefully this is the culprit.

Jonzer77

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Man this is a headache just trying to get this battery to last.......I just started playing pandora over wifi and after one song I was down 3%. I just switched to the incredible from the 3gs because I hate att's service but this is crazy. Is this normal? Anyone know of a good maker for extended batteries? I honestly love this phone but the battery life is killing me.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Man this is a headache just trying to get this battery to last.......I just started playing pandora over wifi and after one song I was down 3%. I just switched to the incredible from the 3gs because I hate att's service but this is crazy. Is this normal? Anyone know of a good maker for extended batteries? I honestly love this phone but the battery life is killing me.
Don't give up yet. This is the first version of this phone. I'm sure there will be an OTA update in about a month to fix a few bugs and give some optimization improvements (at least.. I hope..)

HardHitter#AC

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, glad that this thread got sticky'd and everyone is trying it out, make sure you give credit to the original poster and not me, I am simply just a messenger that I thought you guys would appreciate the knowledge.

Like I said before, I haven't had any problems with g-mail pushing to my phone with this off. All texts and picture messages and all of that comes in fine. The HTC weather widget on the home page updates for me with no problems. My friend stream updates/refreshes as usual.

I haven't tested out the battery life, but I will be able to tell after today since i'll be going most likely a full day without charger. When I was playing with it this week, after 3-4 hours of use, I was down to 30% battery.

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Just a small side note regarding battery drain. I could be wrong but I turn my Haptic Feedback (vibrate response when touch) OFF. The reason is I gotta believe that every time the phone vibrates that it's using battery power to do so.. I did this day one out of the box and my battery, aside of the first day, has been pretty decent.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just a small side note regarding battery drain. I could be wrong but I turn my Haptic Feedback (vibrate response when touch) OFF. The reason is I gotta believe that every time the phone vibrates that it's using battery power to do so.. I did this day one out of the box and my battery, aside of the first day, has been pretty decent.
You are correct that this would save some battery life, though I would assume it would be negligible. I personally like the haptic feedback - it lets me know the device registered my touch and it feels like I've hit a button.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
-Strygun, I like some sort of conformation as well so I turned on the sound feature while typing.
Certainly another viable option. I would assume the power usage for vibration versus playing a sound to be about equal. I'd rather not have a thousand little beeps and blips coming out of my phone all the time when folks are around! :)

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
OK that might explain why i went from fully charge before bed to dead within 10 hours this morning about an hour after getting up. thanks for the tip!

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
OK that might explain why i went from fully charge before bed to dead within 10 hours this morning about an hour after getting up. thanks for the tip!

hey howarmat your spending alot of time in here cb might get jealous lol how you liking the phone....its way better that the storm

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok I tried this last night before I went to bed. Hard to really tell yet but was reading through the thread and decided to look again and it was checked again. anyone have this problem? any reason it would be turned back on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia