Battery life not lasting? Your fix is in here

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone feel like their battery has gotten better over the last few days? Ive played with the phone more than I did any other day that i have had it and its still at like 90%. At this time the last few days I was at like 70%.

I havent changed any of the settings or anything.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone feel like their battery has gotten better over the last few days? Ive played with the phone more than I did any other day that i have had it and its still at like 90%. At this time the last few days I was at like 70%.

I havent changed any of the settings or anything.

Not yet, but this is encouraging news. I hope to see an improvement soon. :)

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn between the 2. I love everything about the DI except battery and lack of facebook messages. Can I ask why why you wont give up the storm 2?
handles my email better, push twitter, BBM, i can use it outside lol...ooh and i love the click screen. There are other small things about the storm 2 that i also think it does better. Both are great so i am sure i could manage with either as a main device.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
handles my email better, push twitter, BBM, i can use it outside lol...ooh and i love the click screen. There are other small things about the storm 2 that i also think it does better. Both are great so i am sure i could manage with either as a main device.

All good points. Thanks for satisfying my curiousity.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site

im having the same problem as you. i cant leave my blackberry just yet. i want this phone tho lol

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
So I unplugged my phone this morning after a full charge. I have sent about 20(or so) text messages, nothing else. My battery is down to 89%! It has barely been an hour, no way can I go on like this. I love my incredible but its not very satisfying knowing that when I leave my house my phone will most likely be dead long before I get home. I tried the suggestion in the first post turning off sync, hopefully this will help me!

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So I unplugged my phone this morning after a full charge. I have sent about 20(or so) text messages, nothing else. My battery is down to 89%! It has barely been an hour, no way can I go on like this. I love my incredible but its not very satisfying knowing that when I leave my house my phone will most likely be dead long before I get home. I tried the suggestion in the first post turning off sync, hopefully this will help me!

I'm in the same boat. This battery issue is glaringly obvious, I'm surprised it wasn't addressed before release.

I ordered one of those 1750 mAh batteries through Amazon, hopefully that helps.

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried this fix this morning and have done some texting, talking and some surfing and 8 hours later my battery is at 45%. I haven't done anything overly strenuous with the phone but this is much better than what I had before I did the trick. No noticeable changes to any updates either. Everything seems to be updating fine.
I'll still get an extended battery anyway but this helped me quite a bit.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is happening because I didn't do a full charge when I first got it. I opened the box, turned the phone on while at work and just charged it as I played with it. It wasn't done charging by the time I got off work so I just unplugged it and played with it the rest of the day.

It didn't get a full charge until that evening. Maybe that messed it up?

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if this is happening because I didn't do a full charge when I first got it. I opened the box, turned the phone on while at work and just charged it as I played with it. It wasn't done charging by the time I got off work so I just unplugged it and played with it the rest of the day.

It didn't get a full charge until that evening. Maybe that messed it up?

I did the same thing. I really cant see that making a difference though. Well I'm hoping anyways.

bubbabeatz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

i agree i love the phone and praying an update will fix this i took it off the charger put it in my pocket got downstairs and pulled it out 5 percent lost within 2 minutes its insane hope this trick works

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, insane may even be under exaggeration.. HTC should have known before release "Hey, this battery is literally the worst part about the phone, oh well.". I am watching closely to see how those extended batteries work out because I will definitely swoop one up if they work.

taoofkirk

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I think the FM radio was a bit overkill and wasn't needed. Not sure if that has anything to do with the battery but... . Giving this idea a shot. How to you manually update the email push when this option is turned off? First droid phone, loving life. Seriously felt like christmas when I saw the incredible at my doorstep

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11