SMS vibrate

patrick.butler

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When ever i set my phone to vibrate it won't vibrate when i get a sms. I checked all the settings and vibrate is on for messaging. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was going to suggest that the phone has vibrate settings as well as messaging settings for vibrate but you already know that.. I guess as a test, adjust the volume rocker button down all the way until you see the "vibrate icon" Then send your self a text from your phone or someone else's JUST to see if its a phone issue or just a setting that you may be overlooking.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i too was havign this issue you have to go into the messages app then hit menu go to settings and the option to turn vibrate off is in there but you cant get to it from the regular settings this was plaguing me all day yesterday i feel your pain.

messages -> menu -> settings ->and scroll down and uncheck vibrate for sms then also mms and there are other settings in there as well.

patrick.butler

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't figured it out. It is prob something really simple but its just not working. I feel like a noob! Thank you for the suggestions though, is there anything else? The phone vibrates for calls but that's it. Thank you in advance.

patrick.butler

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This has to be a bug on the phone. I will just bring it back to the store(i have tried everything!!!!) I think its karma biting me in the ass for leaving my Blackberry!

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
i too was havign this issue you have to go into the messages app then hit menu go to settings and the option to turn vibrate off is in there but you cant get to it from the regular settings this was plaguing me all day yesterday i feel your pain.

messages -> menu -> settings ->and scroll down and uncheck vibrate for sms then also mms and there are other settings in there as well.

I have played with almost every setting on the phone and I still can't get it to vibrate. It used to vibrate twice then make a sound but now it won't vibrate AT ALL for notifications of SMS/MMS/Email notifications

I still haven't figured it out. It is prob something really simple but its just not working. I feel like a noob! Thank you for the suggestions though, is there anything else? The phone vibrates for calls but that's it. Thank you in advance.

No worries, I've actually checked out this problem and it looks like it's a normal android bug from my research.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hah, yeah I'm getting pissed about it as well. This is just aggrivating knowing that it won't do a simple function. And I DON'T want to have to rely on a third-part app which seems to be the normal fix.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I FOUND THE FIX.

It requires the third party app HOWEVER you don't need to keep it.

Go to the market and download an app called "Sound Manager" by Daniel Roozen.

Once downloaded, launch the app, press menu, go to vibrate settings and there should be two options.

BOTH should be onto vibrate whenever possible. The bottom one was set to don't vibrate and was most likely set by another app I had previously downloaded.

My phone now vibrates when it should be.

Original find:http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/47551-handcent-wont-vibrate-tried-everything.html#post375888

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool