Converted Videos

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I just extracted Avatar from DVD to an MP4 file and moved it over to the phone and gave it a shot.

WOW... very very nice, clean, fast. A bit large, the extracted file is about 1.7mb in size but that will be what the large SDcard is for.

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
you mean 1.7g's?

take the extracted file and run it through the converter that i provided in my step by step and it will be reduced to prolly atleast 1g.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, 1.7gb not 1.7mb.

I took a look at the converter you posted about and gave it a try.

First, it would not do the whole file, stopping at 9mb with a notice to use the Pro DVD converter to do files of that size.

The output it did do also was highly pixelated and not close to the output of the other program.

Using the program I used the first time (CloneDVDMobile) and reducing the Quality down to 10, the output was reduced to 1.5gb and the quality of the output was pretty close to the original file I converted. I used 480x800 for both.

The converter might be worth it to someone who needs smaller file sizes and don't mind the pixelation it creates, but I already own a converter which work spectacularly for me.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of which, does anyone have a list of supported audio and video codecs for this phone? I got a lot of movies to reconvert to the larger screen on a DI. I normally use h264 w/ AAC audio.