Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Incredible Won't Send or Receive Picture Messages

I've had this problem for a few weeks now, I'm hoping to find a fix for it here.

I've had my Incredible for a little over a year now, but this problem just started within the last few weeks.

My Incredible can't send or receive picture messages.

When I try to send a picture message, I get a notification saying "Unable to send message. Generic network failure". After a few notifications like that, it says "Unable to send message after multiple attempts" or something like that. Then when somebody sends me a picture message, I get an option to either "Download" or "Discard" the message, and when I try to download, it says "Message not downloaded. Unknown error"

This started a few weeks ago when my Incredible kept shutting off and restarting by itself, until finally, it shut off, then when it turned back on, set all of the display back i=to it's defaults. Default background picture, no apps or widgets. I still had all of my apps, pictures, videos, and sounds. But all of my contacts were deleted, as well as my ringtones.

I got all my contacts and everything back, but I still cant send or receive pictures messages, which I would really like to do.

When I brought it to a Verizon store recently, and described my problems, I was given a new battery, and I put in the new battery, and it still won't send or receive messages.

ANY help, suggestions, fixes, or anything is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Droid Incredible Won't Send or Receive Picture Messages

Clear the cache out of the messaging app, and other apps as well. It sounds like a space issue.

under menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All Clear cache out of anything you can. Also delete old text/MMS messages from the messaging app.

Hope this helps.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I just tried that, but it still won't send or receive picture messages.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

The Gingerbread OTA is supposed to have MMS Fixes in it according to this story.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-dr...erizon-website

If you have questions about getting ready for the OTA - Check here:
    [GUIDE] Preparing your HTC Droid Incredible for the Gingerbread OTA
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    MIUI

This used to happen to me too. Try searching on google, I remember it had something to do with the APN.

I get that problem too. I noticed when I send a pic text with my 3g or wifi on it sends it just fine.

Any solutions to this problem? I've got the same thing happening. It appears to be all MMS messages, both video/pic and long txt messages from services other than Verizon.

I took my phone into the Verizon store a while back and they assured me that doing a factory reset on my phone (and reloading and reconfiguring all my apps... ugh) would solve all my problems. I'm not really prepared to spend days doing that. I'm hoping for a better solution.

Johnie

ROM
    MIUI

Here's what I did to solve it. can not send or receive mms on htc incredible - Verizon Wireless Community
    Sorry for the late reply, I could find the link.
    HTC Droid Incredible
    myColorscreen

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

The MMS issues ahould be fixed in the Gingerbread update. Is anyone still having them?

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    The MMS issues ahould be fixed in the Gingerbread update. Is anyone still having them?
    I hope it does, this is the second time it happens to me.