SD Card problems...

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So...I have had an 8gb card in my Dinc for a year now, and it is getting to capacity, so I decided I would replace that with a 16, wipe it, and put it my ereader. I copied all the files to my pc, and using an adapter, copied them to my 16 gb. During transfers, got a couple error messages the files names were too long for destination, and just clicked through it, since it looked like anything I really cared about seemed to be there. When I put the 16gb in my Dinc, I can see the files in Astro Manager, even loaded a ROM and flashed MIUI Camera (more on that in a minute). I reflashed the camera, because with the 16 gb card in, I can't access the gallery, and the camera force closes each time. When I put the 8gb back in, no problems...any help? The card is formatted FAT 32, btw.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Most likely you missed some of the hidden files on the 8Gig card.

Copy the 8Gig card to your computer again only before you do go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View Tab and select show hidden folders and files. (You can set this back when you are done copying to the 16 Gig card)

Copy the 8Gig card to a folder on the root of C This should get rid of the long directory paths and then copy everything to the 16 Gig card.

There are Android system related folders that start with a . in their name that are hidden in windows by default.

Hope this helps.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Trying that now. I'll let you know how it goes. Instead of getting to folder options via control panel (didn't see how to do this) i went to the folder itself, and selected Tools>Properties>View Tab>Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Didn't see anything new show up in the folder, but decided to give it a go anyway. I am assuming I should back up anything that was new on the new card, then reformat it wipe it?

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Try copying it straight into a zip archive or something similar and see if you get the same results. An opensource one can be found at 7-zip.org.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I did the above...and i still got the error message of the filename being too long blah, blah, blah...not saving to C:, but saving to the new sdcard...which i reformatted...after a couple power cycles and reboots...it is seeming to work. I will give it a couple weeks, and then reformat my old 8gb card and put it in my ereader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles