So...I have had an 8gb card in my Dinc for a year now, and it is getting to capacity, so I decided I would replace that with a 16, wipe it, and put it my ereader. I copied all the files to my pc, and using an adapter, copied them to my 16 gb. During transfers, got a couple error messages the files names were too long for destination, and just clicked through it, since it looked like anything I really cared about seemed to be there. When I put the 16gb in my Dinc, I can see the files in Astro Manager, even loaded a ROM and flashed MIUI Camera (more on that in a minute). I reflashed the camera, because with the 16 gb card in, I can't access the gallery, and the camera force closes each time. When I put the 8gb back in, no problems...any help? The card is formatted FAT 32, btw.
    08-15-2011 11:44 PM
    Most likely you missed some of the hidden files on the 8Gig card.

Copy the 8Gig card to your computer again only before you do go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View Tab and select show hidden folders and files. (You can set this back when you are done copying to the 16 Gig card)

Copy the 8Gig card to a folder on the root of C This should get rid of the long directory paths and then copy everything to the 16 Gig card.

There are Android system related folders that start with a . in their name that are hidden in windows by default.

Hope this helps.
    08-16-2011 07:31 AM
    Trying that now. I'll let you know how it goes. Instead of getting to folder options via control panel (didn't see how to do this) i went to the folder itself, and selected Tools>Properties>View Tab>Show hidden files, folders, and drives. Didn't see anything new show up in the folder, but decided to give it a go anyway. I am assuming I should back up anything that was new on the new card, then reformat it wipe it?
    08-16-2011 01:18 PM
    At the end of copying files from the F: drive to C:/SDCard, this is what I get:
    08-16-2011 01:34 PM
    Try copying it straight into a zip archive or something similar and see if you get the same results. An opensource one can be found at 7-zip.org.
    08-16-2011 02:06 PM
    so...I am copying F: to an new folder on C: using 7Z...then what?
    08-16-2011 04:08 PM
    Well, I did the above...and i still got the error message of the filename being too long blah, blah, blah...not saving to C:, but saving to the new sdcard...which i reformatted...after a couple power cycles and reboots...it is seeming to work. I will give it a couple weeks, and then reformat my old 8gb card and put it in my ereader.
    08-16-2011 11:28 PM
    Glad to hear you got it working.
    08-17-2011 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD