Droid Incredible Scratch Test

lgldrgdlr

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm the one that did that test. No screen protector. If there was, it would have been shaved off when I slid my knife across it, because yes, I do keep it sharp enough to shave and I was holding at an angle, not flat. My only reason behind doing this was to show that the screen is pretty scratch resistant, and common items found in peoples pockets, that may come into contact with the phone, wouldn't damage the screen.

firewall597

May 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as OCD goes, I havent had scratch problems, but just from putting it in my pocket, the red earpiece has collected tons of pocket lint haha. IT IRKS ME.

swagner

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Hero for a good few months now. In the past, I always used screen protectors but decided not to on the Hero. I carry it naked in my pocket. I try to avoid putting it in a pocket with change or keys, but it sometimes happens. I have not gotten a single scratch on it. Dust under the screen on the other hand...

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As far as OCD goes, I havent had scratch problems, but just from putting it in my pocket, the red earpiece has collected tons of pocket lint haha. IT IRKS ME.

I hear ya on that. Its happened to me on day 1. My storm, curve, motoq, all did the same thing...it sucks but not much you can do about it. Small vaccuum maybe?

marcg611

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I scratch tested mine.... I skipped it across the pavement screen down!, accidently of course while drunk at not one scratch! Luckily my fake Oem N1 sleeve just arrived from Hong Kong and fits perfectly! 5 dollas on eBay!

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Incredible! (c:
I was cringing the whole time watching that video.
It would be hilarious to see someone doing a scratch test and actually scratch their phone. I am sure their reaction would be funny! At least in my mind it would be. LOL

Still, I too am OCD about scratches, and will always use screen protectors, even if the manufacturer claims the screen is 110% scratch-proof.

Funny story:
So when my wife got an iPod Touch, I put a ZAGG Invisible Shield on it. I told her the Invisible Shield was scratch proof, and decided to show her with my keys. I took the iPod Touch and went to town for a couple seconds on the protected screen. IT SCRATCHED! Luckily, it was a small one at the bottom, but my wife looked at me like I was retarded, shook her head, and took the iPod back. LOL
Just because you see people on the websites do it doesn't mean you have to witness it first hand.

Last edited:

volleygod

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Funny story:
So when my wife got an iPod Touch, I put a ZAGG Invisible Shield on it. I told her the Invisible Shield was scratch proof, and decided to show her with my keys. I took the iPod Touch and went to town for a couple seconds on the protected screen. IT SCRATCHED! Luckily, it was a small one at the bottom, but my wife looked at me like I was retarded, shook her head, and took the iPod back. LOL
Just because you see people on the websites do it doesn't mean you have to witness it first hand.

OMG LMAO ROTF. I can totally relate to that. I would never do that to mine, buuuutt, the wife's no prob.

Side note: When i went in to a Verizon store, i asked the rep about that very same thing with the DINC screen. I showed him my Omnia with the Zag and that i could not scratch it with my keys. He said "go ahead". "WHAT? You are going to let me scratch a neked screen with my keys?" "Sure, go ahead." So i did and no scratches. He even let me pull out my very sharp Kershaw blade and try again. Still no luck. I was impressed to say the least. With all that said though, i ordered a Zagg 3 day ago for my soon to be shipped DINC (fingers crossed and praying hourly to receive my tracking number from Verizon or FedEx).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87