Amazon MP3 Store not available for Incredible?

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
amazon mp3 store

I remember seeing this app on a friends droid....but I can't find it in the marketplace or anywhere installed on my incredible. Am I missing something obvious??

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
for some reason it was taken out for the incredible

a google search for the apk might get you something you can sideload onto the phone.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
for some reason it was taken out for the incredible

a google search for the apk might get you something you can sideload onto the phone.

i was just getting ready to post on here. i found this post on the phandroid forums No Amazon MP3 store on Inc - Android Forums . basically they are saying that mp3 app was a resource hog and they took it out.

but as you will in that post, one guy puts up the apk. i downloaded, installed, booyah. works great.

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well took me a minute but I was able to get it to install right from the SD card on the Incredible and it works fine.

Will keep and eye on it to see if it causes any problems but it is a great app to have!

timshaw

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Where is Amazon MP3 store?

I have ready about Amazon MP3 store for android phones, but I can't find it in the market. Is it out for other phones? Maybe just not out for the current version of android?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't see it in the Market either, and it looks like you need root to install the copies floating around on the internet. I know a lot of people on the Motorola Droid and other devices wanted to delete it, but I actually used it myself :(

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was able to install it without root,there is a discussion about it in the app's section. Worked fine in the limited testing that I did but it takes a little to get it installed.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you sure that's not Amazon Mobile? If not, can you post a link to the thread you're talking about. I'm a mod here and I can't even find it. Thanks.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No Google Earth, no Amazon MP3, is this Verizon doing this? Are they wielding their iron fist for some reason?

I don't get it, especially since those apps seem to run fine after you side load them?

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
VZ probably wants to try to force people to use there music store. No clue why they would block Google Earth. On other forums, I was seeing reports that the Amazon app was causing issues on other droids but it wasn't clear what the issue was with it. Maybe the fact that the Incredible has better specs is casing us not to see the issues.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It's funny, but many times people complain that too much software comes with a phone which you can't remove. Less many times is better as you can normally add what you want. Hard to take out something they put in that you don't like (like CityID).

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's not on the Incredible. That's been the beauty about Android phones thus far on Verizon. Verizon is not forcing the phone manufactures to install any of their bloatware. If it weren't for the Verizon logo stamped on the top of the device, you would never know it's from them.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
One of the sweet surprises when I got my Nexus was the Amazon MP3 store! It makes it easy to get music to your device with no copy protection. Glad to hear you guys can now download to the Incred! Enjoy!!