Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who Uses Live Wallpapers On Their Incredible?

Hey everyone! Just wondering who uses live wallpapers on their Incredible? I'm a little scared to use them 100% of the time because I feel like my phone gets hotter when they're on and I'm worried about battery consumption. So who uses a live wallpaper all the time and how does it affect heat and battery life?

I dont. Its cool, but Id rather have whatever extra battery power you get not using them.

I do bit once my battery gets under 50% I don't

Some of them are pretty cool and I wouldn't mind using them but I imaging they use a lot of battery and memory which sucks because I like the space ones.

S.F.F. A.K.A. Jim

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I have noticed the transitions between swiping between home screens are laggy when using a live wallpaper, so I quit using them.

Anyone else notice that?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by hcole623 View Post
    I have noticed the transitions between swiping between home screens are laggy when using a live wallpaper, so I quit using them.

Anyone else notice that?
    For sure on my friends Droid but no lag affect on my Incredible.

I would love to use live wall papers but the battery is already struggling without it, oh well.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

I don't use them. I'm OK with a photo background, and I figure the live backgrounds have an impact on battery life. Though minimal, I'd rather have those few percent...
    -Strygun
    Former phone: HTC Droid Incredible
    Current phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M

Nope, everything ran super fast as usual on mine but you have to keep ending tasks on the BS programs...
    S.F.F.
    A.K.A. Jim

HTC Droid Incredible.
    ADATA 16gb Class 6 SDHC micro Memory.
    ZAGG Invisible Shield Full Body Protector.
    Amzer Skin Jelly Case - Red & Black.

Hmmm.. currently using the smoke one. Don't think it draws much.

ROM
    SkyRaider 3.5

I was using a free Droid eye live wallpaper. I checked the battery usage and the wallpaper was over 40%. I changed it immediately and haven't looked back.
    Roy Aguilera

I do. They use the most minimal amount of battery and have not noticed any heat.

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

I'm using the nexus mod one I downloaded from the market.

Used my phone quite a bit today and I'm still at 37% right now.

i was using the galaxy one for a while, and then the novelty wore off and i decided whatever little battery i can save from it is more important than slight animations.

maybe it'll go back on once i can get a slightly larger battery...

I use the "Shake Them All" Live Wallpaper from the Marketplace. Absolutely awesome.

They only draw juice when they are on/displayed. They really don't use all that much power. On my moto droid, they would make the phone lag even when over clocked. But on the incredible, I see no difference.
    Also on my droid i saw no battery life change while using them as opposed to using a static wallpaper. I will do a test today on the incredible but expect the same results.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Yes...love the nexus mod wallpaper. I'm sure it will get old...but I have a lot of folks at work asking about my phone...they always think the wallpaper thing is way cool.
    Roy Aguilera

There is way too many good ones to ever get bored (NexusMod, Seeds of Life, Galaxy 3D, Earth, Shake them all....ect)
    Plus I hear some developer that has a top selling weather app is also making one

aniPet Koi is pretty interesting too. You can feed the fish and they react if you try to "touch" them.

Quote Originally Posted by bobstudent3 View Post
    aniPet Koi is pretty interesting too. You can feed the fish and they react if you try to "touch" them.
    thats the one i have, the free version. You can change how many fish, and between 20 different breeds of fish and the speed of the fish and the speed and presence of lily pads, and you can feed the fish your icons. Really sweet.

If you go menu/settings/about phone/battery/battery use. It shows my live background ( which is more interactive than most ) is only using 2% of my battery ( Im guessing since last charge ) So pretty negligable. And i notice 0 lag.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Since I got the Incredible I have only used live wallpapers and haven't noticed and heat problems or lag. I'm always around a charger so battery isn't to much of an issue. I do change which live wall I use every few days.
    Roy Aguilera

Correct that is since last charge.
    Mine shows Android System, cell stand by, phone idle and display as the primary power consumers.
    Live WP is at 1% usage.

In my brief experience with the phone, ATK + non-live wallpaper = longer battery life.

Starfield at the moment...

i like the htc one, kinda looks like a lava lamp.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast