Backing up everything?

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How do you backup everything on the DI including apps?

Been downloading a ton of apps and would hate to have to try and remember everything I've downloaded in case everything is deleted.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
All the apps are tied to your Gmail account. If you have to start over, the will show up in the downloads section of the Market application, so no worries there.

Mitch R.

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I purchased the My Backup Pro app from the market last night. I chose not to backup my contacts and calendar as they're already stored on the GCloud. Glad I made the purchase and it's pretty easy to setup.

Didn't realize the apps are tied into ones Google account, nice to know.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
All the apps are tied to your Gmail account. If you have to start over, the will show up in the downloads section of the Market application, so no worries there.

Switched from the Droid to the HTC Incredible. The Market didn't show most of my previous downloads. The worst was Documents To Go. I purchased it when I had the Droid. It was an huge hassle to get it reactivated for the Incredible. Even now, it still doesn't show up in the downloads section.

As a "cloud" system, it would be nice if the Google Android Market would prompt you to re-download your apps if you had to switch phones. I hope they make this kind of transition easier by the time we are upgrading to the next generation of Android phones.

stormed

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

awesome...I did not know this

However, how about high scores in games and any other config settings that were done on the apps

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon