Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Default Question - network shutdown when phone sleeps?

Hey guys, my wife and I are on Droid Incredibles. We're both new to Android.

Question.....we use Google Talk to communicate during the day. We have been getting alot of notices that say either one of us are disconnected and messages will be delivered when user is logged back on. Does the network shutdown when the phone is in sleep??? Is this a normal Android thing? I haven't had this type of problem using blackberry or iPhone (with push notifications.)

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity: is
    Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Enable always-on mobile data
    checked or unchecked?

I noticed network interruptions whenever the phone's display was asleep when this was enabled from the battery saving thread.

Edit: as dbdynsty25 said, if you're using a wifi connection, your phone's default is to sleep the wifi after 15 minutes to conserve battery. Maybe that is causing connectivity issues.
    Last edited by seucode; 05-03-2010 at 02:52 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seucode View Post
    Just out of curiosity: is
    Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Enable always-on mobile data
    checked or unchecked?

I noticed network interruptions whenever the phone's display was asleep when this was enabled from the battery saving thread.

Edit: as dbdynsty25 said, if you're using a wifi connection, your phone's default is to sleep the wifi after 15 minutes to conserve battery. Maybe that is causing connectivity issues.
    To answer your question, we found that thread yesterday and tried it both checked and not checked. Same problem as before.

I did find that post by dbdynsty25, and am trying that now.