1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default accelerometer slowing down/not working

So I noticed during the game "papi jump" that my accelerameter(sp) had slowed down significantly. So I did the g sensor and the calibration showed the horizontal bubble staying all to the right. I tried it a couple times and than it stopped work all together. I couldn't move anything left or right just by tilting and I couldn't place anything into landscape mode. I turned the phone off and removed the battery and it is working now but I'm afraid this may happen again. Anybody else experience this? Also, idk if its just me but it seems like my bottom buttons only light up half the time.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

*Bump* Nobody else having this problem ? Mine seems to be persistent and keeps happening.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

exchange it?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGS3)
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    HTC Droid Incredible
    HTC Droid Eris

Quote Originally Posted by herbologist View Post
    So I noticed during the game "papi jump" that my accelerameter(sp) had slowed down significantly. So I did the g sensor and the calibration showed the horizontal bubble staying all to the right. I tried it a couple times and than it stopped work all together. I couldn't move anything left or right just by tilting and I couldn't place anything into landscape mode. I turned the phone off and removed the battery and it is working now but I'm afraid this may happen again. Anybody else experience this? Also, idk if its just me but it seems like my bottom buttons only light up half the time.

The buttons are light sensitive.. if it's very bright.. they know they are not needed.. so they dont light up.. if it's dark.. then they light up.

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Buttons only light up if the ambient light sensor detects it is darker than its preset level. If it is brighter, no need to light up the buttons.

Perhaps the gyros got out of whack while playing the game. Are they behaving normally if you don't play that game? Does it happen again if you play it?

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

I have had my accelerometer stick a few times since I've had the Incredible. I've noticed it when in the browser and switched to landscape for a better view, but the screen never changes orientation. A little shake usually does the trick, but I don't like having to do that (it reminds me of my Storm).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by draken View Post
    Buttons only light up if the ambient light sensor detects it is darker than its preset level. If it is brighter, no need to light up the buttons.

Perhaps the gyros got out of whack while playing the game. Are they behaving normally if you don't play that game? Does it happen again if you play it?
    Oh I see, well that makes sense.
    As for the gyro being out of wack, possibly. I don't have to be playing that game to notice that the accelerameter is beginning to slow down but once it does it eventually stops working all together and I have to restart the phone to try and fix it.