Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with scrolling once unlocked

About 3 out of 4 times, when I unlock my phone, my phone will automatically scroll out of the main screen to the far left screen.

In addition, the bottom half of the screen does not work (the arrow button to show all programs, phone, and the add program/widget button). When this happens, I cannot make any outgoing calls, receive them and/or end them.

I usually just lock the phone and unlock it, over and over, until it starts to work, again.

Does this happen to anyone else?

YES THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT!!!
    The problem is this: home screens can be moved left and right, however, once you are on ANY screen except the far left screen you are unable to press any buttons (get a response) and the phone auto-scrolls one by one back to the left screen.
    It was easily fixed by turning the phone on/off, but that is NOT what you want to see in terms of mobileOS stability on a 3 day-old phone that Verizon spent months testing and tweaking in coordination w/ HTC!

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM? This is CLEARLY not an isolated incident, in which case if we get enough agreement on it we should actually be able to identify the source and facilitate a fix/patch.

Default same issue

it doesn't happen all the time, but it will scroll all the way to the left for me as well - typically after unlocking, but not necessarily. if i try to swipe or scroll back to the right, it will simply move back to the left when i am done. after a minute or so it will resume normal operation. my only observation is that it tends to happen more often than not in situations when it's not very bright in the room/outside (related to the optical mouse?). i've also noticed it happening on screens other than the main 'home' screen (or whatever you call it). i have not noticed any difficulty w/ other buttons during this time.

anyone else?
    Last edited by droiduser17; 05-04-2010 at 09:41 PM.

same here.. quite annoying

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I've not had this happen to my phone thankfully, so you may have some faultly hardware there, I dunno.

I hate to say this, because I came from a BB Storm, but have you tried powering the phone completely off and removing the battery for like 30 seconds?

I know I know, noone wants to do this. However I have a laptop that has capacitive touch keys at the top of it, and every once in awhile, after I turn it on, the volume will just go all the way up and stay there like someone is pressing it, or the key for the cd eject will be lit like someone is pressing it. A simple battery removal and replace makes it go away for quite awhile.

I recall looking for info on the web about it, and it was something like part of the circuit that controls that stays charged improperly, so you have to remove the battery to fix. Again...its a laptop, but still.