Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Default Auto on/off?

I dont know if this has been convered or not, but coming from a BB tour, I like having the auto on/off feature. I had it set so that I could have it turn off around 2am, and back on at 7am. It was perfect to keep me from drunk dialing or texting after bar close. It was also great when I forget to turn off the volume when I went to bed. It sucks getting woke up at 4am by a bunch of spam email.

Is there an Auto on/off for andriod.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Don't believe so. When the phone is off... it is OFF. Blackberries are only off when the battery is removed. When turning off through the menu, they are really in a deep standby.

My suggest would be to download an app that lets you set rings/notifications based on date/time.

I'm using Silent Time Lite to disable the ringer and vibrate modes for emails at night. Works for me to keep me from waking up to emails every few hours.
    Thanked by:

I'm also coming from a BB and wish that you could do this. My solution has been to put the phone into airplane mode when I go to sleep, that way no incoming calls/texts/emails will wake me up, however I can leave the volume on loud so that my alarm does wake me up.
    Matt
    Using: HTC Incredible
    Formerly: BB Storm
    on Verizon Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by pakman View Post
    I'm using Silent Time Lite to disable the ringer and vibrate modes for emails at night. Works for me to keep me from waking up to emails every few hours.
    I was searching for a good app that would do just this... thanks I will give it a try when I purchase my new Android device.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

timeriffic also works well for enabling and disabling functions based on a schedule.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

CT Scheduler does what you need but it is still in beta and they are working on the power off issue. I have used this app for years and it is incredible.

It controls BT on off, ringer volume, auto sms, airplane mode, etc.

LOVE IT and the developers are top notch.

+1 for Timeriffic - Does not turn your phone off but does control most all of the other functions. As a former BB user, I don't have the memory issues with Android phones that I did with my BB.

+1 for Timeriffic - Does not turn your phone off but does control most all of the other functions. As a former BB user, I don't have the memory issues requiring turning the phone off and back on with Android phones that I did with my BB.

Quote Originally Posted by pakman View Post
    I'll throw out a +1 for Silent Time Lite. I'm especially a big fan of the fact that you can set "exceptions" so that if certain people call you (i.e. family in case of family emergency), their calls will still go through at normal ringer volume even though the phone is set to silent at night.

Another +1 for Timeriffic. Perfect little piece of software.
    Banned

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Give this one a try:

Auto Notifications for Android

You can set a time for the phone to go silent, then a time for it to go back to default...

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1.1 jb / stock 4.1

I'll throw in a suggestion for Tasker. It allows for just about any scheduling scenario you can think of. Not sure if it will do exactly what you are asking, but you could definitely schedule the phone to be in airplane mode or something to prevent the drunk dialing thing, and also turn off the ringer at the same time.
    Last edited by diggity; 09-05-2010 at 10:34 PM.