Deal for fellow "frugal" users

techjpo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Just came over to Android from BB(an old curve) and couldn't stomach having to buy yet another car charger. Being the cheapskate that I am, searched around and found that Best Buy's(at least my local one in Pa) cheapest charger was a Rocketfish for $21. While there, I noticed that they had a ton of Rocketfish car chargers for "bluetooth headset (Jabra/Motorola/LG/Plantronics)"on clearance for $9.99. It includes 5 adapters and one is a micro-usb and fits the Incredible. So far it has charged my phone with no issues that I can see. As an added bonus, one of the adapters that can be attached is a standard usb plug in that would allow charging of a lot of other devices. Hope this helps someone out.:)

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that tip. I hate spending for these extras too. Hopefully now that everything is going to the standardized to micro USB we can buy these things 1 time and that's it.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Since usb chargers appear to be here to stay, I just use a car usb charger. Cheap and works on anything with a usb (both my bt's, my bb, my droid etc.)

I think the official at&t one was $15.

At home I just use the usb cables directly into the nearest laptop.

thenewnoise

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you guys checked out monoprice.com? You can get a usb car charger for ~$1 and a micro usb cable for ~$1. I ordered a couple the other day and its working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech