1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail Speed dial

Does anyone know how to edit the speed dial for voicemail. i would like to add a pause and my password.

thanks
    Last edited by sndeh; 05-04-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling correction

(I don't think you can, unfortunately...at least not that I can figure out. On past phones what I've done is just create a second speed dial shortcut and put in the pause and password and just not use the default speed dial.)

EDIT: I figured it out...
    Go to your home screen, hit Menu > Settings > Call > Voicemail settings > long press on "voicemail number" and then edit the voicemail number there. I assume that that will change the speed dial number (though I haven't checked myself).
    Last edited by mr88; 05-04-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Matt
    Using: HTC Incredible
    Formerly: BB Storm
    on Verizon Wireless
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i'm bad . i should have looked in the FAq sticky before posting the question. thanks for the quick reply.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

When you edit your voicemail, AFTER the *82 that is already there put a comma (pause) and then your password. Works like a champ!

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

anyone know of a way to override the face sensor? seems to me that my password isn't dialing until i pull the phone away from my face. i think when the sensor blacks out the screen, it prevents any dialing.

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by mr88 View Post
    (I don't think you can, unfortunately...at least not that I can figure out. On past phones what I've done is just create a second speed dial shortcut and put in the pause and password and just not use the default speed dial.)

EDIT: I figured it out...
    Go to your home screen, hit Menu > Settings > Call > Voicemail settings > long press on "voicemail number" and then edit the voicemail number there. I assume that that will change the speed dial number (though I haven't checked myself).
    thanks for the tip. i use google voice so this will allow me to set another number for speed dial 1! awesome.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by byproxy View Post
    anyone know of a way to override the face sensor? seems to me that my password isn't dialing until i pull the phone away from my face. i think when the sensor blacks out the screen, it prevents any dialing.
    I would think if you could override it, it would be for every call dialed, not just this one, and that might prove annoying as well.

I had this happen to me the other day too. I simply pulled it away from my face, screen came back, it dialed password automatically, and I put it right back to my ear.
    htc - Incredible

Global Posts
    1,289 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by byproxy View Post
    Yeah I noticed this too, not a big deal, just quirky and annoying. But not a big deal now that I know.

Default Re: Voicemail Speed dial

Thanks I appreciate the help, I could not figure it out. Had tried all of the old tricks. Still won't work from the application if I don't have a new message, but that takes care of most of the frustration.