1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dinc Frequently Reboots

I have a rooted Droid Incredible. Lately, it has been rebooting itself several times a day. This reboot problem occurs irregardless of the ROM I'm using (i.e. CyanogenMod, Skyraider, etc.). Any ideas?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Dinc Frequently Reboots

This is a commonly-reported problem with this phone. I recommend you check out the following:

I myself recently started experiencing this most frustrating problem. If you are experiencing what others in the thread above are, my best guess at this point is that it's a hardware issue and the only solution is to hope that the refurbished model you get from verizon doesn't have the same problem. Seriously.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

If you have access to one - try a different battery.

Jerethi may be correct if it's a hardware issue. If you have insurance, they won't care if your rooted.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I don't have insurance and Verizon told me the phone's out of warranty. They couldn't offer me a replacement. I might try a different battery and, if that doesn't work, I'll have to get a new phone.

Welcome to the club. I too was one of the lucky ones with the rebooting DINC. Tried everything to fix, nothing helped. Mine worked flawlessly until around one month out of warranty. Then it started rebooting any time I began using data (usually after a few minutes of heavy use). So I just took my son's old phone and now I use it instead. Yes, it sucks.

I had that problem for a while. I tried a new battery and it still did it. It got worse and worse until it started getting stuck on the HTC screen at bootup. I did a factory data reset and it worked for about another week and started doing it again. Verizon ended up replacing it.

Good Luck!

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Had same issues, tried new batt, new sd card, even rooted with different ROM.
    I got the extended warranty and was able to get a referb, but it did the samething, so I set it back for another and its been good for 4 months now
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah, right now I'm just trying to use the phone for another 5 weeks. That's when I become eligible for a discounted phone upgrade. That's also around the time the next iPhone will be coming out. I'm going to take a look at that and some other Android offerings. For the time being, I'm running CM 7. I'm basically using the phone for calling and texting. I'm avoiding any processor intensive apps. So far, the DINC has been running for around 24 hours without a reboot. Let's hope it stays that way *knocks on wood*.

I had the same problem. I am rooted with skyraider 4.3. I did a full wipe and reflash of the rom and it seems to have fixed the problem...

I had this problem and tried a new battery and that didn't help. Since I was under warranty they gave me a refurb, that has been fine for the last 2 months...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Here's an update. I performed a factory reset and then rooted it again. I installed the Cyanogen(mod) 7 ROM and played with it for a couple of weeks and have had no random reboots. That being said, I've been babying the Dinc. I haven't run any demanding apps (i.e. games, streaming music/video, navigation, tethering, etc.). On the plus side, I have been able to make phone calls, text, send/receive e-mails, take pictures, play music, and run a few widgets (i.e. Twitter, Fancy Widgets, etc) all without any problems. While I'm disappointed that I can't take advantage of the full functionality of the phone, I'm pleased that I found a middle ground that'll get me through the next few weeks until I'm eligible for a phone upgrade with Verizon.