What did i just do!!!!!!!!

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just keyed in a pin for Back-Up Assistant. I can't seem to de-activate it and it doesn't have a manual sync option. What does this app do and how do I log out or undo my set up? Thanks guys.

~Andrew

pmasinvest

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Go into its settings and change the frequency that it syncs to once a day so it uses hardly any resources. Set it for the middle of the night too, so its on the charger and you wont notice a thing. If you want to get rid of it, you have to do a factory reset/wipe data and make sure you don't chose to sync it during setup.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Go into its settings and change the frequency that it syncs to once a day so it uses hardly any resources. Set it for the middle of the night too, so its on the charger and you wont notice a thing. If you want to get rid of it, you have to do a factory reset/wipe data and make sure you don't chose to sync it during setup.

even if you don't choose to sync it, it's still there and it keeps a service running.

i guess we're in the day and age of bloatware on our phones as well as our preconfigured computers. :(

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i guess we're in the day and age of bloatware on our phones as well as our preconfigured computers. :(

We have been in the day of bloat-ware since about 2003-2004. That was the first time I remember VZW pushing crap to the phones etc. That was when they started really pushing ringtones through their own crappy setup.

Now they push backup assistant, navigator, tones, nfl, and a bunch of other crap to various phones etc. I hate it. My Incredible should be here in about an hour Via Fedex, hopefully it doesn't have all that crap.

Come on root!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Only thing the phone had was backup assistant and you configure that if you want during setup. I used it on my last phone so I set it up on this one. The transfer of contacts was really good, so I kept it. CityID is the only other program I can't get rid of.

As for anything else, NFL, Navigator, Tones, etc... Those need to be installed via the market and only if you want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy