Removing empty home screens?

Aatrek

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So the Sense UI on the Incredible has seven home screens to fill with different stuff. I'm using five right now, and can't see myself using the other two for the forseeable future.

Is there any way to remove the two blank home screens?

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned, just consolidate towards center. "Removing" them would serve ZERO purpose.

I actually use one as a scratchbox for widgets, very handy.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I don't understand the lingo, but what is a scratchbox? In my word we call a test area a sandbox, or PoC(Piece of Crap) Box. I think that's what you mean.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As mentioned, just consolidate towards center. "Removing" them would serve ZERO purpose.

I actually use one as a scratchbox for widgets, very handy.

I actually have 3 blank screens and I can think of two reasons why I'd like to get rid of them.

1. It's annoying and I'm obsessive with having my devices customized to the hilt.

2. Long-pressing home icon brings the "card deck" of homescreens up, and it would be great to only see the four I'm using and make it easier to see the small images in card-deck view.

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My question is a little different. Two of my home screens are taken up by message and email. In other words, one home screen displays my most recent email and one displays my most recent msg. I would rather use these screens to put apps and widgets on like the other ones. Is that possible?

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Just tap and hold the mail or message widget until it "lifts" off the screen and then drag it to the trashcan. You can now install whatever you want on that home screen. I did this pretty much as soon as I left the store. I didn't like the interface for reading emails/txts in the widgets and I didn't want people who were just playing with the phone when I was showing it off to be able to flick through my corporate or personal emails.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say the same thing. I.would suggest getting a launcher. I have used launcherpro and its very similar to sense. A little different. I haven't used ADW though. You can customize the amount of home screens

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well been awhile since I have revisited this thread, but from the day I got the incredible I was like, "I'll never fill up all 7 screens!". However I am now 1 screen shy of filling them up and when I find that must have widget or another slew of apps I would like to have access to it will be filled up. At the rate I'm going exploring games and apps it shouldn't be much longer!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I actually have 3 blank screens and I can think of two reasons why I'd like to get rid of them.

1. It's annoying and I'm obsessive with having my devices customized to the hilt.

2. Long-pressing home icon brings the "card deck" of homescreens up, and it would be great to only see the four I'm using and make it easier to see the small images in card-deck view.

Well unfortunately you are going to just have to learn to live with it since as has already been stated you can't remove them.

If you REALLY want to you can try a home screen replacement (Nexus Home, Helix Launcher, etc) and set that to default, but be prepared to not have access to any of the Sense widgets since they don't work on other home screens.

At some point (once the phone is rooted) there will probably be alternate ROMs that may be customizable but I don't recall every running into anyone who wanted LESS home screens, mostly those of us with Droids who wanted MORE.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of nice to have all the screens. Besides Home, which is fairly clean, this gives me room for categories: from left to right: pictures / mobile nav & wireless controls / apps for my business / home / favorite contacts (business & personal) / personal/fun apps / web bookmarks.