CNET Prizefight: Droid Incredible vs iPhone 3GS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One round I thought was complete BS...but I know why they did.....

Raging Bull of this century :)

raging.jpg

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I think this review was very bias. lol Comparing apples 3mp camera to the droid's 8mp dual flash isnt even comparible. Its like Jordan foul line jamming over a kid in a wheel chair.

I think apple is a pita ass to use if you want to do something other than text and make a phone call, and the wiggling icons when you want to reposition them is tacky and kind of childish.

It should be 4.8 to 3.5.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well considering the iPhone has a slower processor, smaller screen, smaller MP Camera, less system memory, no customization, no quick access buttons (ie soft touch), no multiple home screens, no flash support(flash lite isn't great but works in a pinch), and dated styling and GUI.

I think the incredible wins hands down. I think as far as syncing with iTunes and listening/watching media etc, the iPhone wins but it would be close considering the apps you can get with the Android platform. I think some people are still under the iPhone security blanket when they should be moving on to high school here.

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I think they overrated the iPhone in several areas. Unfortunately the CNET reviewers (especially Bonnie) have a severe pro-Apple bias.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm really enjoying my HTC Incredible right now, but I'm sure the next iPhone will be pretty tough competition.

As much as I like my phone, I think the iPhone will always remain very popular because it's much easier to use. Someone like my mom won't ever be able to use an Android phone unless if you lock it down (or dumb it down, depending on your point of view) to the iPhone level. The iPhone also has built-in Chinese character input, simply writing with your finger (touch screens are perfect devices for pictographic languages!). I'm still waiting for that on my Incredible.

I'm sure the apps will catch up, but some niche apps will probably remain on the iPhone for a long time. For example, there are lots of medical and dental apps for the iPhone. Since lots of medical and dental people have money and are relatively amateurish at computers (see "mom" comment on previous paragraph), they will gravitate toward the iPhone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's easier to use and not as much of a super user device, but I think over time you will see either Android get to a different level of user experience, of Apple offer a different way to setup the device.

Right now the way I see things, they have apps and all that good stuff, but they are out dated severely. Unless this leaked phone hits with a newer looking GUI and some nice additions I don't see myself ever with an iPhone. And really Android isn't that hard.

stanfna#AC

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's easier to use and not as much of a super user device, but I think over time you will see either Android get to a different level of user experience, of Apple offer a different way to setup the device.

Right now the way I see things, they have apps and all that good stuff, but they are out dated severely. Unless this leaked phone hits with a newer looking GUI and some nice additions I don't see myself ever with an iPhone. And really Android isn't that hard.

I agree totally. i personally thought giving "usability" to the iPhone was stupid. yes it is more simple...but by that same logic an etch-a-sketch would be even better!?! the Droid seems hard to use at first because it is so much more customizable. but i think the average user will "get it" and love it! :D

in my eyes...the idea of "usability" is being able to customize something and make it easier to use. in that respect....there really is no comparison. with widgets...you basically can have all the apps you routinely use on your home screen...you don't even need to open the apps up to use them!!! how much easier could it be. :D

love the Incredible!!!

lawdawg#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't get too cocky - I can almost guarantee that they will put the fourth-generation iPhone back on top when it releases. Not that this would be my opinion, just sure it will be theirs.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree totally. i personally thought giving "usability" to the iPhone was stupid. yes it is more simple...but by that same logic an etch-a-sketch would be even better!?! the Droid seems hard to use at first because it is so much more customizable. but i think the average user will "get it" and love it! :D

in my eyes...the idea of "usability" is being able to customize something and make it easier to use. in that respect....there really is no comparison. with widgets...you basically can have all the apps you routinely use on your home screen...you don't even need to open the apps up to use them!!! how much easier could it be. :D

love the Incredible!!!

Love my phone too! It's just that anyone who actually posts in a forum can probably handle the Android. However, people who don't even know how to post on Facebook will probably not.

Most of the older doctors and dentists are in the latter category. My hospital actually bought iPhones for some of my colleagues (because our hospital has a contract with AT&T and all of our attending physicians get a hospital-paid cell phone). Most of them did not want their iPhones. Some of them only use it to make phone calls, listen to iTunes, and, on rare events, take pictures. Very few even use it for checking email.

I've demonstrated what my phone can do in front of them. They are impressed, but uniformly agree that it "just looks too complicated." They are made less anxious by the sedate (or dated, depending on your preference) look of the iPhone interface. These are the people with money that niche medical and dental software makers have to deal with (see my original post).

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Really making me think about the Incredible now. I'm waiting for an Evo like phone on Verizon minus the 4G but I mightbe waiting til next year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund