Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast

Default CNET Prizefight: Droid Incredible vs iPhone 3GS

CNET just posted their prizefight pitting the Incredible against the iPhone. I wont spoil it for everyone....

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Thanks for posting.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Great read. Thanks.

Very cool video, thanks for the post.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xian.I.Am View Post
    Very cool video, thanks for the post.
    What video? Did I miss something...or maybe my work blocked it?

i didnt see a video.. just 'rounds' to click to the next page? cool though. love my droid.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Very good video and this might be the first time I agree with CNET
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

One round I thought was complete BS...but I know why they did.....

Raging Bull of this century

i was waiting for this prizefight. nice writeup.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Video was ok, I think there are a lot more postives with the droid they could have shown.

If you haven't seen this video check it out

I think this review was very bias. lol Comparing apples 3mp camera to the droid's 8mp dual flash isnt even comparible. Its like Jordan foul line jamming over a kid in a wheel chair.

I think apple is a pita *** to use if you want to do something other than text and make a phone call, and the wiggling icons when you want to reposition them is tacky and kind of childish.

It should be 4.8 to 3.5.
    Verizon Wireless Sales NE-WBV
    Motorola Droid Pro (all work)
    Samsung Fascinate (All play)
    Rooted:
    Dj05 w/Dj05 SuperDark, ran with StupidFast 12.19.10

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Well considering the iPhone has a slower processor, smaller screen, smaller MP Camera, less system memory, no customization, no quick access buttons (ie soft touch), no multiple home screens, no flash support(flash lite isn't great but works in a pinch), and dated styling and GUI.

I think the incredible wins hands down. I think as far as syncing with iTunes and listening/watching media etc, the iPhone wins but it would be close considering the apps you can get with the Android platform. I think some people are still under the iPhone security blanket when they should be moving on to high school here.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

I think they overrated the iPhone in several areas. Unfortunately the CNET reviewers (especially Bonnie) have a severe pro-Apple bias.

I'm really enjoying my HTC Incredible right now, but I'm sure the next iPhone will be pretty tough competition.

As much as I like my phone, I think the iPhone will always remain very popular because it's much easier to use. Someone like my mom won't ever be able to use an Android phone unless if you lock it down (or dumb it down, depending on your point of view) to the iPhone level. The iPhone also has built-in Chinese character input, simply writing with your finger (touch screens are perfect devices for pictographic languages!). I'm still waiting for that on my Incredible.

I'm sure the apps will catch up, but some niche apps will probably remain on the iPhone for a long time. For example, there are lots of medical and dental apps for the iPhone. Since lots of medical and dental people have money and are relatively amateurish at computers (see "mom" comment on previous paragraph), they will gravitate toward the iPhone.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Yeah it's easier to use and not as much of a super user device, but I think over time you will see either Android get to a different level of user experience, of Apple offer a different way to setup the device.

Right now the way I see things, they have apps and all that good stuff, but they are out dated severely. Unless this leaked phone hits with a newer looking GUI and some nice additions I don't see myself ever with an iPhone. And really Android isn't that hard.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Yeah it's easier to use and not as much of a super user device, but I think over time you will see either Android get to a different level of user experience, of Apple offer a different way to setup the device.

Right now the way I see things, they have apps and all that good stuff, but they are out dated severely. Unless this leaked phone hits with a newer looking GUI and some nice additions I don't see myself ever with an iPhone. And really Android isn't that hard.
    I agree totally. i personally thought giving "usability" to the iPhone was stupid. yes it is more simple...but by that same logic an etch-a-sketch would be even better!?! the Droid seems hard to use at first because it is so much more customizable. but i think the average user will "get it" and love it!

in my eyes...the idea of "usability" is being able to customize something and make it easier to use. in that respect....there really is no comparison. with widgets...you basically can have all the apps you routinely use on your home screen...you don't even need to open the apps up to use them!!! how much easier could it be.

love the Incredible!!!

Don't get too cocky - I can almost guarantee that they will put the fourth-generation iPhone back on top when it releases. Not that this would be my opinion, just sure it will be theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by stanfna View Post
    I agree totally. i personally thought giving "usability" to the iPhone was stupid. yes it is more simple...but by that same logic an etch-a-sketch would be even better!?! the Droid seems hard to use at first because it is so much more customizable. but i think the average user will "get it" and love it!

in my eyes...the idea of "usability" is being able to customize something and make it easier to use. in that respect....there really is no comparison. with widgets...you basically can have all the apps you routinely use on your home screen...you don't even need to open the apps up to use them!!! how much easier could it be.

love the Incredible!!!
    Love my phone too! It's just that anyone who actually posts in a forum can probably handle the Android. However, people who don't even know how to post on Facebook will probably not.

Most of the older doctors and dentists are in the latter category. My hospital actually bought iPhones for some of my colleagues (because our hospital has a contract with AT&T and all of our attending physicians get a hospital-paid cell phone). Most of them did not want their iPhones. Some of them only use it to make phone calls, listen to iTunes, and, on rare events, take pictures. Very few even use it for checking email.

I've demonstrated what my phone can do in front of them. They are impressed, but uniformly agree that it "just looks too complicated." They are made less anxious by the sedate (or dated, depending on your preference) look of the iPhone interface. These are the people with money that niche medical and dental software makers have to deal with (see my original post).

Really making me think about the Incredible now. I'm waiting for an Evo like phone on Verizon minus the 4G but I mightbe waiting til next year.

Superficial at best just like everything Cnet does.

Quote Originally Posted by stanfna View Post

love the Incredible!!!
    The average user is not interested in customizing their phone or learning anything but the bare minimum.

Default No contest

The first day I had the Incredible I knew it was a better phone than the Iphone. It can essentially do everything the Iphone can do only faster. It is on a better network and with the 1ghz processor makes the Iphone almost look sluggish. With the widgets and additional home screens with cool pull back to flip through them all the Incredible has a more sophisticated and more efficient interface. The camera is amazing and really is closer to "regular" cameras than it is the Iphone's camera.

At least Cnet got it right a picked the Incredible the winner. But really it shouldn't be that close. I think the Iphone has been considered the best phone for so long that it's hard to recognize that simply isn't true any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by snookie View Post
    The average user is not interested in customizing their phone or learning anything but the bare minimum.
    Wrong, In my particular store.. We sell more android's than any other phone.
    Verizon Wireless Sales NE-WBV
    Motorola Droid Pro (all work)
    Samsung Fascinate (All play)
    Rooted:
    Dj05 w/Dj05 SuperDark, ran with StupidFast 12.19.10

Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post
    Wrong, In my particular store.. We sell more android's than any other phone.
    I'd have to agree with snookie. It's hard for me to believe that there are more Android phones out there than there are non-customizable phones like the LG enV3. I'm sure fully customizable phones (which I don't really consider the current iPhone to be) are far less in number than all of the regular cell phones and multimedia phones.

Sure, people want to download their own ringtones or wallpapers, but give them 7 home screens and most of them don't know what to do with themselves. On the other hand, people in this forum are jealous of the 9 home screens that came with the new Milestone update.

iPhones are good phones. But they're on AT&T.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast