Incredible contacts: facebook pic won't update

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue in that only some of the facebook pictures were added automatically. Have done any research to see how to get the rest of them to populate, but it kind of bugs me.... a little. ;)

IncredibleLane

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here.. I could really care less about people's pictures.. It's just I KNOW my phone is supposed to update them.. And it DOES update some of them!!

It's almost like a rebellious child or something haha.. "I'm only going to change a few of the pictures, and leave a few the same.. just enough where you notice and it bothers you!"

ungerberry

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This *may* be a Facebook software issue. When I had my Blackberry Storm, the same exact issue came up. Photos NEVER updated for my linked FB contacts. Granted, the app for BB isn't nearly as advanced as for Android, so I expect a bit more quality. I think it's just a memory issue. FB might run slower if it constantly had to update to the most recent profile pic. It would be nice to at least have the option to turn this feature on, though.

Simpeo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
OK!! i solved it kinda :D
ive been watchin this thread a bit to see if theres a better way but heres a easy solution that i found.

To do it go to Settings > Accounts & sync > then go to Add account. push Facebook for HTC sense and then SIGN OUT! then go back and sign back in, the program should start to Re-sync with everything and with in 5 min all your contacts should resync with their currently selected profile pics.

mobilehavoc

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
OK!! i solved it kinda :D
ive been watchin this thread a bit to see if theres a better way but heres a easy solution that i found.

To do it go to Settings > Accounts & sync > then go to Add account. push Facebook for HTC sense and then SIGN OUT! then go back and sign back in, the program should start to Re-sync with everything and with in 5 min all your contacts should resync with their currently selected profile pics.
Are you sure this works well? Does it create duplicate contacts in FB? That's my worry

Simpeo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
yes i tried it myself twice to make sure, its the only way i know how to so far to get all contacts to get updated with current profile pics....

some contacts will auto-update their pics randomly but thats the solution i found to making sure all the others get it too. try it out, make sure u follow those steps exactly

i didnt get double contacts, the only reason u would see double contacts anyways is cus they dont have the right links on.
when u re-sync it the contacts u already had linked in the past will resync up so u dont have to re-do it

ugatca

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Need it to actually syn data!

I mainly use the regular facebook application for my Incredible, but I know that Sense Facebook is tied into th "people" and I can't link (or even FIND) friends that I have recently added, b/c they will not sync up to the sense version! Please help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37