Finally, Gingerbread for All DInc Owners! Part 2! Update's avail!

sharp65

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Finally, Gingerbread for All DInc Owners! Part 2! Update's av

Using Muddy's froyo to gingerbread link:

http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

Filename: 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

Size: 87.8MB

hboot complains that there is either no image or invalid image :'(

Additionally: I am running 2.2 VZW's stock rom,,,,

Weird, I used that one earlier today and it seemed to work fine. It said in hboot no image found for a second and then it launched the updater. I had renamed it to update.zip

rjh20136

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

It may be the update but the one they seem to be trying is 90MB. The one I downloaded and installed was 170MB so something doesn't add up. Did they get an incomplete download? Is the file only 90MB for the non rooted version?
Possible to upload the file?

rjh20136

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Weird, I used that one earlier today and it seemed to work fine. It said in hboot no image found for a second and then it launched the updater. I had renamed it to update.zip
Were you stock / froyo?

chcknmngr

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I just tried renaming it to update.zip and it appears to be working now. I'll post again when/if it completes the upgrade.

skelzer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Have you tried installing zip file from SD and then choosing the file. If you went from 4.06.605.2 to .3 you may want to check your apps for Super user as the ones I have seen on here are the Rooted version. Especially if you're getting the incorrect propbuild file. My .3 says I have the correct screen size.

plemelin, you're confusing people.....

both my original link (from xda) and muddyml's ota link (direct from Google) are for UNMODIFIED, UNROOTED, UNTOUCHED phones. Both have been verified by hash tags. No need to introduce concern about the validity of either files.

Here's both download links again:

http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

The filesize comes in at around 87mb.
I've updated two phones by renaming the file to "update.zip", placing it into the root of sdcard, and booting into hboot (powering off, then power on holding vol down).

Easy as pie.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

plemelin, you're confusing people.....

both my original link (from xda) and muddyml's ota link (direct from Google) are for UNMODIFIED, UNROOTED, UNTOUCHED phones. Both have been verified by hash tags. No need to introduce concern about the validity of either files.

Here's both download links again:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

The filesize comes in at around 87mb.
I've updated two phones by renaming the file to "update.zip", placing it into the root of sdcard, and booting into hboot (powering off, then power on holding vol down).

Easy as pie.

I'm running software # 4.06.605.2 and android version 2.3.4. I have update.zip sitting in my root directory of the sdcard and it does nothing. I kept pulling the battery since with 4.06.605.2 you can't completely power off the device and originally it listed the zip file for 2.3.4 and eventually tried to load this file but locked up with a red exclamation in a triangle. Now it does nothing. There has to be a log file or some cache or other file that needs to be deleted to run this (I'm guessing). Does anyone have any thoughts? The size of update.zip is 87.75 mb

chcknmngr

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Keeping my fingers crossed. I really hope I found it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

It installed 2.3.4 successfully from stock 2.2, no root. It has forgotten all of the apps I had stored on the SDcard, though.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm running software # 4.06.605.2 and android version 2.3.4. I have update.zip sitting in my root directory of the sdcard and it does nothing. I kept pulling the battery since with 4.06.605.2 you can't completely power off the device and originally it listed the zip file for 2.3.4 and eventually tried to load this file but locked up with a red exclamation in a triangle. Now it does nothing. There has to be a log file or some cache or other file that needs to be deleted to run this (I'm guessing). Does anyone have any thoughts? The size of update.zip is 87.75 mb

You downloaded the wrong file if your already running 4.06.605.2

I got the .2 to .3 ota update and caught the dl location! Wohoo!

I/SystemUpdateService( 240): starting download of http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip
I/update.Download( 240): Started a new update download: http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

Update: I had trouble after downloading with my phone not wanting to reboot. I canceled the install, downloaded the update myself, renamed the file update.zip and placed it in the root of my SD card and flashed using hboot.

Update from .2 to .3 was successful.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

It installed 2.3.4 successfully from stock 2.2, no root. It has forgotten all of the apps I had stored on the SDcard, though.

Thanks for the feedback. I feel like I have finally contributed something worthy of this forum.

Reactions: max.pugsby

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

You downloaded the wrong file if your already running 4.06.605.2

Thanks for your help. I'm having major issues. This is beyond ridiculous. Still same problem, but when I connect my phone to the computer is shows the file in the root directory. When I look on the phone in the oi file manager it's not there. When I run bootloader I still get the no image message. UGH

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for your help. I'm having major issues. This is beyond ridiculous. Still same problem, but when I connect my phone to the computer is shows the file in the root directory. When I look on the phone in the oi file manager it's not there. When I run bootloader I still get the no image message. UGH

pm'ed you

Reactions: Murphy5111

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

is the ota ever going to push to the phone or do we have to download it as everyone else is doing?

a tired smile

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I tried all the methods, such as renaming it to update.zip and moving it to the SD card root. I'm still getting a message that is something like "PB113img.nbh image not found". This is with a stock froyo 2.2, btw.

kenjd

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know if it's actually rolling out now. It seems there would be allot more people posting about receiving the OTA update.

rjh20136

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Looks like I've had some success....

Took out the SD Card. Copied all file to my PC. Reformatted FAT32. Put all files back. Renamed the suggested file (Froyo to GB) from 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip to update

I did not include the zip extension because Win7 automatically attaches the extension (I think I checked the properties/details and it appeared as update.zip.zip - removing the .zip appeared to address my problem).

Right now the DInc is green arrows in a circle and a progress bar is slowly creeping towards complete... :cool:

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Waiting to hear success or frustration results before I download.

rjh20136

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Looks like I've had some success....

Took out the SD Card. Copied all file to my PC. Reformatted FAT32. Put all files back. Renamed the suggested file (Froyo to GB) from 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip to update

I did not include the zip extension because Win7 automatically attaches the extension (I think I checked the properties/details and it appeared as update.zip.zip - removing the .zip appeared to address my problem).

Right now the DInc is green arrows in a circle and a progress bar is slowly creeping towards complete... :cool:
Appears to have rebooted... Saw the htc Incredible screen... different progress bar.... Reboot... htc Incredible screen --- Now just announced DROID....

rjh20136

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

It's giving me the eye now... The unblinking eye.... And I'm waiting....

:-\